Velocity Reviews

-   -   How do I open a database connection on an access file that currently open ? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t63119-how-do-i-open-a-database-connection-on-an-access-file-that-currently-open.html)

THY 08-22-2003 02:30 PM

How do I open a database connection on an access file that currently open ?

Hi,

I have create a connection to an access database, but before I close the
connection,
another user cannot run the web application correctly, I got the error
Operation is not allowed when the object is open.

is it the problem of my connection string ?

thanks

Gönen EREN 08-22-2003 02:43 PM

Re: How do I open a database connection on an access file that currently open ?

access files accept only one connection (this is a file : when it's open
it's locked ) you have to use a server like MSSql,MySql,Oracle,...

THY 08-22-2003 02:54 PM

Re: How do I open a database connection on an access file that currently open ?

If it is locked, why we still can open the data file using ms access ?

btw, can we make the page to hold until the database is close then open it ?
so the user wont get any error if the database currently is opened ...
is this possible ?

THY 08-22-2003 03:05 PM

Re: How do I open a database connection on an access file that currently open ?

I don't know much about mysql ...
how do I connect mysql with ASP.NET ?

and can mysql import access ?

thanks

> yes you can try to make something like this
> using
>
> try{}
> catch{}
>
> but why access?
> access isn't a database server
> you can use for example MySql, it's free
> www.mysql.com
> i don't think you will get a good performance from your site with

access...

Gönen EREN 08-22-2003 03:50 PM

Re: How do I open a database connection on an access file that currently open ?

no you have to use oledb

download mysql server and mycc or an alternatif to this mysql front ( last
two are gui 's)

then connect using a connection string