Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wireless Networking (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f19-wireless-networking.html)
-   -   Client for Microsoft Networks (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t630209-client-for-microsoft-networks.html)

Ernie 08-11-2008 03:17 PM

Client for Microsoft Networks
 
I accidently deleted Client for Microsoft Networks. How do I reinstall?
--
Ernie

Phillip Windell 08-11-2008 03:22 PM

Re: Client for Microsoft Networks
 
Properties of the Network Connection
Click the "Install" button
Choose the MN Client.

--
Phillip Windell
www.wandtv.com

The views expressed, are my own and not those of my employer, or Microsoft,
or anyone else associated with me, including my cats.
-----------------------------------------------------
"Ernie" <Ernie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:30759356-EB96-4AC2-AC50-80A05C63E3D0@microsoft.com...
>I accidently deleted Client for Microsoft Networks. How do I reinstall?
> --
> Ernie




Ernie 08-11-2008 03:45 PM

Re: Client for Microsoft Networks
 
I have tried your directions. It could not find the file on my computer so I
put the Windows XP Professional install disk in my drive and it said it still
could not find the files to reinstall the client.
--
Ernie


"Phillip Windell" wrote:

> Properties of the Network Connection
> Click the "Install" button
> Choose the MN Client.
>
> --
> Phillip Windell
> www.wandtv.com
>
> The views expressed, are my own and not those of my employer, or Microsoft,
> or anyone else associated with me, including my cats.
> -----------------------------------------------------
> "Ernie" <Ernie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:30759356-EB96-4AC2-AC50-80A05C63E3D0@microsoft.com...
> >I accidently deleted Client for Microsoft Networks. How do I reinstall?
> > --
> > Ernie

>
>
>


Phillip Windell 08-11-2008 05:59 PM

Re: Client for Microsoft Networks
 
You may have to actually "browse" and point it to the correct location on
the CD. The CD Drive's drive letter may not be the same as it was during
the original install.

--
Phillip Windell
www.wandtv.com

The views expressed, are my own and not those of my employer, or Microsoft,
or anyone else associated with me, including my cats.
-----------------------------------------------------

"Ernie" <Ernie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:AC00178D-C9AB-4000-B966-6AF75792D524@microsoft.com...
>I have tried your directions. It could not find the file on my computer so
>I
> put the Windows XP Professional install disk in my drive and it said it
> still
> could not find the files to reinstall the client.
> --
> Ernie
>
>
> "Phillip Windell" wrote:
>
>> Properties of the Network Connection
>> Click the "Install" button
>> Choose the MN Client.
>>
>> --
>> Phillip Windell
>> www.wandtv.com
>>
>> The views expressed, are my own and not those of my employer, or
>> Microsoft,
>> or anyone else associated with me, including my cats.
>> -----------------------------------------------------
>> "Ernie" <Ernie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:30759356-EB96-4AC2-AC50-80A05C63E3D0@microsoft.com...
>> >I accidently deleted Client for Microsoft Networks. How do I reinstall?
>> > --
>> > Ernie

>>
>>
>>




Lem 08-11-2008 08:02 PM

Re: Client for Microsoft Networks
 
Ernie wrote:
> I have tried your directions. It could not find the file on my computer so I
> put the Windows XP Professional install disk in my drive and it said it still
> could not find the files to reinstall the client.


The file you're looking for may be on the CD (or on your hard drive in a
....\i386 directory) in compressed form. Search for the name of the file
using a wildcard for the filetype suffix. For example, search for
netshell.* You should find it as (for this example) as netshell.dl_
Then use the "expand" command from a command prompt to expand the file.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888017/en-us

AFAIK, "Client for MS Networks" uses the following DLL files:

C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\WSHNETBS.DLL
C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\RSAENH.DLL
C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\MSWSOCK.DLL
C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\WIN32SPL.DLL
C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\NETRAP.DLL
C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\RPCSS.DLL
C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\WSHISN.DLL
C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\NETCFGX.DLL
C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\NETMSG.DLL
C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\NETBIOS.SYS
C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\WKSSVC.DLL
C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\BROWSER.DLL
C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\MSGSVC.DLL
C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\NETLOGON.DLL
C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\RASADHLP.DLL
C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\NETSHELL.DLL

--
Lem -- MS-MVP

To the moon and back with 2K words of RAM and 36K words of ROM.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_Guidance_Computer
http://history.nasa.gov/afj/compessay.htm


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.