Wireless weirdness - one website only.
This is weird, and I hope someone on here can help explain it.
I have this one website I visit all the time. Except all of a sudden I
couldn't over my home wireless network, at least not with this
particular laptop (though I've got to admit I hadn't tried any
others). The office wireless network wasn't a problem with this same
machine, neither was my home network IF I went through the office VPN
and proxy server first. Because of this, my first thought was that
they'd blocked my home IP for some transgression. So I wrote to their
admin to find out why. He, of course, responded that they'd done no
No other websites have ever exhibited this same issue.
So after much fruitless playing with Windows Firewall and the
configuration of my wireless router, I've finally figured out that I
can clear the problem entirely by disabling the laptop's adapter radio
and turning it back on again. It doesn't have to be anything more than
a momentary thing - I can quite literally click the disable button and
then right away click the enable one.
Like I said, weird.
There is a slight possibility that this behavior may have started when
I finally decided to change from WEP to WPA encryption. But I can't be
sure because it's been quite a few months now, and I had a lot going
on at the time so I may not have even been visiting the site then.
|All times are GMT. The time now is 03:28 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.