Velocity Reviews

-   -   wireless zero configuration (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t627945-wireless-zero-configuration.html)

retiree 07-28-2008 03:19 PM

wireless zero configuration

How do I keep wireless zero configuration running all the time?
It stops when the computer is turned off or in hibernation for over night.
Right now I have to reconfigure wzc, then I have to go thru network
connections to reconfigure that before I can connect. I would like to connect
without all of these steps!
I have checked article 871122 from Microsoft, but that is WAY over my head
(I am a retiree with very limited computer experience!).
I am running Windows XP (service pack 2 as well). I have a linksys modem and
a dynex adapter.

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\) 07-28-2008 05:17 PM

Re: wireless zero configuration

Are you also running manufacturer wireless utility? the following posts may
help. Please post back with the result.
Windows cannot configure this ...
871122 in the microsoft knowledge base on the microsoft.com web >>
site. " >> > > Believe it or else, in most cases this is perfectly normal.
Windows ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...7e133af0be97bd
- Similar pages

chicagotech.net :: View topic - Can't activate Wireless Zero ...
I referred to MS article ID: 871122 but looks like that something
disappeared in the Network connection. Following that article, "....In
Network Connections ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...pic.php?p=2928

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

Jack \(MVP-Networking\). 07-30-2008 03:58 AM

Re: wireless zero configuration

Hi
May be this can Help.
http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

stkim 08-10-2008 02:39 PM

stkim 08-10-2008 02:47 PM

pattywac 08-14-2008 01:38 PM

dodo 09-30-2008 09:41 AM

sat 10-08-2008 10:31 AM

Re: wireless zero configuration

your solution is help me a lot, thank u so much..
sat

Very helpful indeed. Thanx Jack 10-08-2008 02:32 PM

bob d 10-16-2008 10:18 PM