Velocity Reviews

-   -   XP - home/work (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t6274-xp-home-work.html)

=?Utf-8?B?R3JlZw==?= 04-12-2005 04:09 PM

XP - home/work

I have XP home, I take my laptop to and from work with wireless at both. Is
it possible to have the two connections in the network manager then choose
which one you want to use?

Udit Saxena [MSFT] 04-14-2005 10:01 PM

Re: XP - home/work

XP automaticaally does that through the "Preferred Networks List". Here is
what you need to do.
1. Go to your office and connect to the network there. All the settings for
that network will be saved.
2. Later when you go home connect to the Home Network.

You will see both networks in the "Preferred Networks List". Network
Connection Properties->View Wireless Networks->Change the order of Preferred
Networks.

XP will automatically the network to connect to based on which network is in
range.

Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?R3JlZw==?= 04-20-2005 08:47 PM

Re: XP - home/work

I find that if I want to go to a place that does not have DHCP routers I have
to change the IP each time. The auto portion only works when the router is
DHCP. Or am I still doing something wrong?

Thank you for responce on my first post.

greg