Velocity Reviews

-   -   Why am I getting denied access to wireless network (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t6273-why-am-i-getting-denied-access-to-wireless-network.html)

=?Utf-8?B?SlBOWQ==?= 04-12-2005 02:01 PM

Why am I getting denied access to wireless network

I have a Linksys BEFW11s4 router connected to a cable modem and have 3 XP
Home computers running on the wireless network. I have now tried to add a
fourth XP Home computer to the network. I can get it connected into the
network -- the WEP key was accepted but when I try to get an internet
connection or access the other computers or printers I get an error message
saying that I may not have access rights to the network and need to check
with the network administrator. I have gone back and tried everything.
Turning on and off firewalls (both XP and Norton), going through the network
setup wizard on all of the other computers, etc. Any suggestions -- I'm
pulling what little hair I have left out.

Jim Seifert [MSFT] 04-12-2005 07:04 PM

Re: Why am I getting denied access to wireless network

It may not be connecting. Can you check the router and confirm the machine
is connected? The logs should provide clues if it is not connected. Also
on the machine you are having troubles with open up a command window and
type ipconfig. If the IP address returned is in the 169.x.x.x range you are
not connected.

newsgroup purposes only.