Velocity Reviews

-   General Computer Support (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f44-general-computer-support.html)
-   -   Octet String Conversion (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t626978-octet-string-conversion.html)

miltizem 07-22-2008 07:35 AM

Octet String Conversion

Guys i'm using a software to monitor the signal over noise factor of a traffic ...
The result is given under two formats ..
First an octet string
Second a decibel number

my question how can i jumo from the first to the second .. what's the relation ? doesn anyone know ? without progrmming it ..

Exemple:
In octet string : 31 32 2E 32 30
In Decibel : 12.017 dB

MunchBC 07-29-2008 04:50 AM

I'm not quite sure exactly what you're asking. It looks like the software is giving you an IP address (for some reason in HEX instead of base-10 format) and then the level of noise coming from the host in decibels. Does this sound correct? I might be completely off... What software is it you're using?