Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: How are the banks doing these days? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t626956-re-how-are-the-banks-doing-these-days.html)

peterwn 07-22-2008 03:16 AM

On Jul 22, 7:08 am, thing <thi...@nowhere.commy> wrote:
> ie are they stable in Wellington or are they all still trying to move to
> OZ or Auckland?
>
> Didnt ANZ move its IT to Auckland last year? what about the others?

Reserve Bank will not let them move IT to Australia. The Reserve Bank
requires sufficient local governance, management and IT capability of
NZ wings of Australian banks to remain in NZ so they can fully
function independently of anything that happens in Australia
especially if a bank there tanks. This is in response to Australian
banking laws which gives higher priority to Australian customers than
New Zealand customers in the case of bank failure.

Enkidu 07-22-2008 09:01 PM

Freesias wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 20:52:33 +1200, thingy wrote:
>
>>> The ANZ/National Bank's IT infrastructure is based in NZ, with all VOIP
>>> being managed in Wellington.
>>>

>> ANZ IT is substantially in Auckland though?

> I'm not sure where the boxen are physically located, but I know all their
> VOIP telephony is managed from Wellington, as I know people who do that.

It doesn't matter where the gear is located, it can be managed from
anywhere in the world.

Cheers,

Cliff

--

"I LOVE IT!!" - someone on a newsgroup, somewhere.

Matty F 07-23-2008 04:47 AM

On Jul 22, 3:16 pm, peterwn <pete...@paradise.net.nz> wrote:
> On Jul 22, 7:08 am, thing <thi...@nowhere.commy> wrote:
>
> > ie are they stable in Wellington or are they all still trying to move to
> > OZ or Auckland?

> > Didnt ANZ move its IT to Auckland last year? what about the others?

> Reserve Bank will not let them move IT to Australia. The Reserve Bank
> requires sufficient local governance, management and IT capability of
> NZ wings of Australian banks to remain in NZ so they can fully
> function independently of anything that happens in Australia
> especially if a bank there tanks. This is in response to Australian
> banking laws which gives higher priority to Australian customers than
> New Zealand customers in the case of bank failure.

Does that apply to the ASB which is Australian owned?
In that case perhaps I should shift my savings to Kiwibank.