Velocity Reviews

-   -   View Available wireless networks (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t626921-view-available-wireless-networks.html)

vinnie31 07-21-2008 09:01 PM

View Available wireless networks

I have a user that when they attempt to launch the window to view available
wireless networks either from the system tray icon or Network neighborhood
the window won't launch. Any thoughts on why this is happening?

John 07-21-2008 09:43 PM

Re: View Available wireless networks

"vinnie31" <vinnie31@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a user that when they attempt to launch the window to view available
> wireless networks either from the system tray icon or Network neighborhood
> the window won't launch. Any thoughts on why this is happening?

Won't launch or user doesn't see any available wifi networks? In most cases,
another software is controlling WiFi connection. Therefore windows WZC is
"disabled".

Jack \(MVP-Networking\). 07-22-2008 01:58 AM

Re: View Available wireless networks

Hi
Maybe this can Help,
http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html
In general, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

vinnie31 07-22-2008 02:14 AM

Re: View Available wireless networks

You are correct with the statement it didn't launch. Its like I didin't
click on it at all. I have looked at the WZC service and it is on. I have
dealt with the WZC service problems before on many of my notebook clients but
I have yet to see it where the window that allows you to see the connections
will not even launch. Any other thoughts?

John 07-22-2008 06:28 PM

> You are correct with the statement it didn't launch. Its like I didin't
> click on it at all. I have looked at the WZC service and it is on. I
> have
> dealt with the WZC service problems before on many of my notebook clients
> but
> I have yet to see it where the window that allows you to see the
> connections
> will not even launch. Any other thoughts?

I've never seen that problem before. Are you sure wifi adapter driver is
loaded? Have you checked Device Manager?

vinnie31 07-22-2008 06:43 PM

Re: View Available wireless networks

Yes sir. It shows no conflicts in Device manager and says that it is working
fine and you can enable and disable the device in Network places too with no
problems. I made sure that the toggle switch was enabled on the notebook
too. It just will not launch the window to view available wireless networks.
I would rather not have to reimage the machine if I don't have to but
thought I would see if smarter people than me could save me. : )

John 07-22-2008 07:15 PM

Re: View Available wireless networks

One more shot:
have you tried disabling (or checking the options to let Windows manage
connection) whatever software that is controlling WiFi connection? Can you
see wireless networks thru "that" software?

flapalo 11-05-2009 09:53 PM

Re: View Available wireless networks

On my notebook in services I don't have WZC at all!!!

So when I try to find wireless conections it says to start WZC, and it is
not there?

Anybody please help!

Jack [MVP-Networking] 11-05-2009 10:37 PM

Re: View Available wireless networks

Hi
First make sure that the original vendor's Wireless Utility is Not loaded
and disabling the Windows Native Utility.
If there is No vendor utility, or you disabled it and WZC does not exist,
read this,
http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).