Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Image in HTML form (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t626280-re-image-in-html-form.html)

Jonathan N. Little 07-18-2008 03:45 PM

Re: Image in HTML form

Frank Pi wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> When putting an image in an HTML form I can't select the field below the image with my mouse and also I can't push the submit button on the form. This is only when using Firefox. In IE (6 and 7 it works).
>
> When I disable my CCS then it works.
>
> Anyone any solution?
>
> Thanks,

Well Frank, a URL would be a bit useful but I would use my psychic
powers to view your markup with your eyes...ah yes I see the problem.
You have the image in an absolutely positioned DIV where the block
extends over the form controls. The reason it "works" in IE is that IE
is broken and does not honor z-index of positioned elements over top of
form controls...

If you install web developers bar for Firefox and use "Outline Current
Element..." you will see the overlap.

Next time, URL please.

--
Take care,