Velocity Reviews

-   -   remove unremoveable broken liks in "add remove programs" (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t625901-remove-unremoveable-broken-liks-in-add-remove-programs.html)

Kue2 07-16-2008 05:04 PM

remove unremoveable broken liks in "add remove programs"

About a year ago
In Xp 64 I had 6 Nero entries that I could not remove from Add Remove
Programs. I posted it in the newsgroup,but no solution was ever found.
Today I found the solution,here is the link.They were msi installers &
nothing else would remove them including editing the registry.The Windows
Installer CleanUp Utility did the job.{;-)))).Prior to today I had tried
many many add & remove programs .

Carlos 07-16-2008 05:57 PM

RE: remove unremoveable broken liks in "add remove programs"

Nice post, Hugh!
Add/Remove entries that have been left behind can also be manually removed
by carefully editing the registry.
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uni nstall and
HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\Curren tVersion\Uninstall
contain all the entries for the uninstall scripts for x64 and x86 programs
respectively.
Simply delete the entry that is bothering you (do it at your own risk) and
it will never show up again in Remove Programs.
:)
Carlos