Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Slingshot getting rid of Newsgroups (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t625593-re-slingshot-getting-rid-of-newsgroups.html)

greg 07-15-2008 05:03 AM

Patrick FitzGerald wrote:

> As a result of my complaint to the Telecommunications Resolution
> Tribunal I have had a call from Slingshot informing me that they plan
> to drop newsgroups
>
> Their solution is that Slingshot clients should use Goggle Newsgroups.
>

> Patrick

Truth be known that ihug finally blocked their free feed, and they
didn't want to pay actual money to get their own feed

Roger Dewhurst 07-15-2008 08:53 PM

greg wrote:
> Patrick FitzGerald wrote:
>>
>> As a result of my complaint to the Telecommunications Resolution
>> Tribunal I have had a call from Slingshot informing me that they plan
>> to drop newsgroups
>> Their solution is that Slingshot clients should use Goggle Newsgroups.
>>

>> Patrick

> Truth be known that ihug finally blocked their free feed, and they
> didn't want to pay actual money to get their own feed

Ihug does not exist! Blame it on Vodaphone. Take Vodaphone to the
Disputes Tribunal for breach of contract.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro 07-16-2008 12:54 AM

Re: Slingshot getting rid of Newsgroups

In article <g5j2ol$4ms$2@lust.ihug.co.nz>, Roger Dewhurst did write:

> Ihug does not exist! Blame it on Vodaphone.

If you want to be pedantic, "Vodaphone" doesn't exist either.

greg 07-16-2008 05:41 AM

Roger Dewhurst wrote:
> greg wrote:
>> Patrick FitzGerald wrote:
>>>
>>> As a result of my complaint to the Telecommunications Resolution
>>> Tribunal I have had a call from Slingshot informing me that they plan
>>> to drop newsgroups
>>> Their solution is that Slingshot clients should use Goggle Newsgroups.
>>>

>>> Patrick

>> Truth be known that ihug finally blocked their free feed, and they
>> didn't want to pay actual money to get their own feed

> Ihug does not exist! Blame it on Vodaphone. Take Vodaphone to the
> Disputes Tribunal for breach of contract.

Ihug still does exits, under the Vodafone group of companies

Lawrence D'Oliveiro 07-16-2008 06:20 AM

Re: Slingshot getting rid of Newsgroups

In article <g5k1lv$mtu$1@lust.ihug.co.nz>, greg did write:

> Ihug still does exits ...