Velocity Reviews

-   -   64 bit Vista Machine crashes (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t624709-64-bit-vista-machine-crashes.html)

Mary 07-09-2008 06:44 PM

64 bit Vista Machine crashes

I have a 64 bit Vista computer. We are running Accuterm on this computer.
When working in this application, the computer shuts down.
I have run the computer diagnostics. Everything passed.

We have been using this application on the computer for the last two months
and it has not done this before. It started this several days ago.

I am not sure how to proceed to fix this issue. Is this a conflict issue
between the 65 bit machine and a very old application?

Thanks,
--
Mary Baldwin

Bobby Johnson 07-09-2008 07:02 PM

Re: 64 bit Vista Machine crashes

Since this piece of software is published by AccuSoft
Enterprises you need to contact them and ask them about
64-bit compatibility. Their web site is: www.asent.com

Bobby Johnson 07-09-2008 07:04 PM

Re: 64 bit Vista Machine crashes

They don't mention any 64-bit operating systems:

General Questions

Q: What versions of Windows are supported by AccuTerm?

A: The current version of the AccuTerm is AccuTerm 2K2, and
is compatible with all 32-bit versions of Windows (except NT
3.x). This includes Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows ME,
Windows NT 4, Windows 2000, Windows XP (Pro and Home),
Windows Server 2003, and Windows Vista.

Carlos 07-10-2008 12:36 PM

RE: 64 bit Vista Machine crashes

Mary,
Try System Restore and take your system back to a state previous to the
start of the failures.
That should fix things up.
Carlos