Velocity Reviews

-   -   How do I export asp.net page to WORD or PDF (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t622557-how-do-i-export-asp-net-page-to-word-or-pdf.html)

COHENMARVIN@lycos.com 06-27-2008 12:28 PM

How do I export asp.net page to WORD or PDF

I have an asp.net page with three gridviews on it and some text. Is
there a way to export the page to a WORD (or PDF document) so that the
page looks similar (it should have 3 tables in it?) I know one
approach is to simply print out the page with 'pdfFactory' which
converts any printed output to a PDF. But my clients won't have
'pdfFactory'.
Thanks,
Marv

Steve C. Orr [MCSD, MVP, CSM, ASP Insider] 07-02-2008 08:41 PM

Re: How do I export asp.net page to WORD or PDF

I've already assembled details about generating Word (and Excel) documents:
http://SteveOrr.net/articles/ExcelExport.aspx
http://SteveOrr.net/articles/ExportPanel.aspx

Here are some decent 3rd party options that could help speed your
development:
http://SteveOrr.net/reviews/AsposeWord.aspx
http://SteveOrr.net/reviews/OfficeWriter.aspx

As for PDF export, I just completed a glowing review of this product:
http://www.html-to-pdf.net/

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr,