Velocity Reviews

-   -   Set-up for Linksys PAP2T ATA (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t622390-set-up-for-linksys-pap2t-ata.html)

Alan 06-26-2008 02:27 PM

Set-up for Linksys PAP2T ATA

Hi,

Anyone set up a Linksys PAP2T ATA for 2 independent lines with the same
VOIP supplier? If so I would like to know the set-up information you
used. My VOIP supplier can't help - despite recommending the kit!

Regards
Alan Huckerby
--
Alan

Ivor Jones 06-26-2008 02:46 PM

Re: Set-up for Linksys PAP2T ATA

In news:9iMs80DBd6YIFwf0@huckerby.net,
Alan <alan@huckerby.net> typed, for some strange, unexplained reason:
: Hi,
:
: Anyone set up a Linksys PAP2T ATA for 2 independent lines with the
: same VOIP supplier? If so I would like to know the set-up
: information you used. My VOIP supplier can't help - despite
: recommending the kit!

Well I've done it with the Sipura SPA2000 which I gather is the same
device in different clothing. Who is your VoIP supplier..?

Ivor

Alan 06-26-2008 03:49 PM

Re: Set-up for Linksys PAP2T ATA

In message <6choekF3gtfu5U1@mid.individual.net>, Ivor Jones
<ivor@thisaddressis.invalid> writes
>In news:9iMs80DBd6YIFwf0@huckerby.net,
>Alan <alan@huckerby.net> typed, for some strange, unexplained reason:
>: Hi,
>:
>: Anyone set up a Linksys PAP2T ATA for 2 independent lines with the
>: same VOIP supplier? If so I would like to know the set-up
>: information you used. My VOIP supplier can't help - despite
>: recommending the kit!
>
>Well I've done it with the Sipura SPA2000 which I gather is the same
>device in different clothing. Who is your VoIP supplier..?

Hi Ivor,
So what settings did you use? My supplier is Orbtalk.
--
Alan

PAJ 06-26-2008 03:52 PM

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 15:27:13 +0100, Alan <alan@huckerby.net> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Anyone set up a Linksys PAP2T ATA for 2 independent lines with the same
>VOIP supplier? If so I would like to know the set-up information you
>used. My VOIP supplier can't help - despite recommending the kit!

Yes, I have.
My PAP2T and SPA2102 are sitting idle right now as I have replaced them
with a Siemens Gigaset C475IP.
I can look at the settings but nothing was done out of the ordinary
apart from specifying a different sip port for each line (I think they
were 5061 and 5062).

bin me 06-26-2008 04:19 PM

Re: Set-up for Linksys PAP2T ATA

In message <9de764d46grl3sutrp2h07vl4cfdj25ptu@4ax.com>, PAJ
<news@news-only.invalid> writes
>On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 15:27:13 +0100, Alan <alan@huckerby.net> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Anyone set up a Linksys PAP2T ATA for 2 independent lines with the same
>>VOIP supplier? If so I would like to know the set-up information you
>>used. My VOIP supplier can't help - despite recommending the kit!

>Yes, I have.
>My PAP2T and SPA2102 are sitting idle right now as I have replaced them
>with a Siemens Gigaset C475IP.
>I can look at the settings but nothing was done out of the ordinary
>apart from specifying a different sip port for each line (I think they
>were 5061 and 5062).

Thanks, mine are currently both 5060 at the suppliers request. I will
email them to suggest different ports and see what they say.

Thank you.

Regards
Alan
--
Alan

PAJ 06-26-2008 06:06 PM

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 17:19:29 +0100, bin me <binme2@huckerby.net> wrote:

>In message <9de764d46grl3sutrp2h07vl4cfdj25ptu@4ax.com>, PAJ
><news@news-only.invalid> writes
>>On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 15:27:13 +0100, Alan <alan@huckerby.net> wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>Anyone set up a Linksys PAP2T ATA for 2 independent lines with the same
>>>VOIP supplier? If so I would like to know the set-up information you
>>>used. My VOIP supplier can't help - despite recommending the kit!

>>Yes, I have.
>>My PAP2T and SPA2102 are sitting idle right now as I have replaced them
>>with a Siemens Gigaset C475IP.
>>I can look at the settings but nothing was done out of the ordinary
>>apart from specifying a different sip port for each line (I think they
>>were 5061 and 5062).

>Thanks, mine are currently both 5060 at the suppliers request. I will
>email them to suggest different ports and see what they say.
>
>Thank you.

NP.

I was nearly correct (5060 & 5061) ;)

I was using Sipgate for both lines.
Settings for both are below (password and ID have been modified):

Display Name: Sipgate1
Proxy: sipgate.co.uk
User ID: My-SIP-ID1
Password: My-SIP-Password1
Auth ID: My-SIP-ID1
Use Auth ID: Yes
Register: Yes
SIP Port: 5060

Display Name: Sipgate2
Proxy: sipgate.co.uk
User ID: My-SIP-ID2
Password: My-SIP-Password2
Auth ID: My-SIP-ID2
Use Auth ID: Yes
Register: Yes
SIP Port: 5061

Obviously I had set the router/firewall to forward both ports.
Only other changes I made were in 'Regional' to get UK dial tones etc
(details were found in this group a long time ago).

Iain 06-26-2008 09:16 PM

bin me wrote:

> Thanks, mine are currently both 5060 at the suppliers request. I will
> email them to suggest different ports and see what they say.

No matter what they say, you need them to be in different ports. It
doesn't matter too much, but 5060 and 5061 would do, as would 5068 and
5069 or anything in between.

If they're both on the same port and the same IP address I can't imagine
how they could both work. Don't know what your suppliers were thinking
of recommending that!

bin me 06-27-2008 12:40 PM

Re: Set-up for Linksys PAP2T ATA

In message <iql7641a47m25f4ei0i9bp0i1d7d3a7e2o@4ax.com>, PAJ
<news@news-only.invalid> writes
>On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 17:19:29 +0100, bin me <binme2@huckerby.net> wrote:
>
>>In message <9de764d46grl3sutrp2h07vl4cfdj25ptu@4ax.com>, PAJ
>><news@news-only.invalid> writes

>>>Yes, I have.
>>>My PAP2T and SPA2102 are sitting idle right now as I have replaced them
>>>with a Siemens Gigaset C475IP.
>>>I can look at the settings but nothing was done out of the ordinary
>>>apart from specifying a different sip port for each line (I think they
>>>were 5061 and 5062).

>>Thanks, mine are currently both 5060 at the suppliers request. I will
>>email them to suggest different ports and see what they say.
>>
>>Thank you.

>NP.
>
>I was nearly correct (5060 & 5061) ;)
>
>I was using Sipgate for both lines.
>Settings for both are below (password and ID have been modified):
>
>Display Name: Sipgate1
>Proxy: sipgate.co.uk
>User ID: My-SIP-ID1
>Password: My-SIP-Password1
>Auth ID: My-SIP-ID1
>Use Auth ID: Yes
>Register: Yes
>SIP Port: 5060
>
>Display Name: Sipgate2
>Proxy: sipgate.co.uk
>User ID: My-SIP-ID2
>Password: My-SIP-Password2
>Auth ID: My-SIP-ID2
>Use Auth ID: Yes
>Register: Yes
>SIP Port: 5061
>
>Obviously I had set the router/firewall to forward both ports.
>Only other changes I made were in 'Regional' to get UK dial tones etc
>(details were found in this group a long time ago).

Paj and Iain,

Thank you both for your helpful posts. I can now say the problem has
been resolved - just tested it and it seems OK at the moment. Maybe I
need to tweak a few settings after gaining some experience with the kit.

In my case Orbtalk set-up another account with a separate ID for the
second line - which seems OK, and yes the second line was on port 5061!

Thank you both again,

Alan
--
Alan