Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Nikon (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t622116-re-nikon.html)

ASAAR 06-25-2008 03:05 AM

Re: Nikon

On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 22:04:49 +0100, Jake wrote:

> Is it just me, or are there a lot of stupid posts here supporting Nikon?

No, it's not just you. But not all of those that are stupid as a
post support Nikon. Many dolts also support Canon, Fuji, Kodak,
Minolta, Olympus, Panasonic, Pentax and Sony cameras. Which brands
do *you* support? :)

nospam 06-25-2008 03:56 AM

Re: Nikon

In article <h6d364dn44f327uti81uf77i2b539jh0ru@4ax.com>, ASAAR
<caught@22.com> wrote:

> Many dolts also support Canon, Fuji, Kodak,
> Minolta, Olympus, Panasonic, Pentax and Sony cameras.

don't forget sigma. :)

ASAAR 06-25-2008 04:20 AM

Re: Nikon

On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 15:31:29 +1200, frederick wrote:

>>> Is it just me, or are there a lot of stupid posts here supporting Nikon?

>> No, it's not just you. But not all of those that are stupid as a
>> post support Nikon. Many dolts also support Canon, Fuji, Kodak,
>> Minolta, Olympus, Panasonic, Pentax and Sony cameras. Which brands
>> do *you* support? :)
>>

> Samsung - you forgot Samsung. There are bound to be some people who
> support Samsung,

Of course, they are legion. But how could there be any stupid
supporters of Samsung, universally acknowledged as makers of the
worlds finest cameras? I can be forgiven for forgetting Ricoh, as
they're almost impossible to find, at least over here . . .

ASAAR 06-25-2008 04:24 AM

Re: Nikon

On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 20:56:26 -0700, nospam wrote:

>> Many dolts also support Canon, Fuji, Kodak,
>> Minolta, Olympus, Panasonic, Pentax and Sony cameras.

> don't forget sigma. :)

I didn't forget Sigma. There are none left ever since George
Preddy died and was reincarnated as Rita. Something obviously went
haywire, as this happened more than 18 months ago and she's still
here . . .

David J Taylor 06-25-2008 05:15 AM

Re: Nikon

frederick wrote:
[]
> Samsung - you forgot Samsung. There are bound to be some people who
> support Samsung,

I don't know about the US - but in the UK Samsung is current running an
advert about their cameras having millions of pixels, but only "thousands"
of colours. Makes it a brand to avoid in my view - I want far more
colours than that!

(Noted that each pixel may only be quantised to 10-14 bits, so perhaps
they are being /too/ honest!).

David

David J Taylor 06-25-2008 05:16 AM

Re: Nikon

nospam wrote:
> In article <h6d364dn44f327uti81uf77i2b539jh0ru@4ax.com>, ASAAR
> <caught@22.com> wrote:
>
>> Many dolts also support Canon, Fuji, Kodak,
>> Minolta, Olympus, Panasonic, Pentax and Sony cameras.

> don't forget sigma. :)

Please do!

tony cooper 06-25-2008 05:57 AM

Re: Nikon

On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 05:15:42 GMT, "David J Taylor"
<david-taylor@blueyonder.neither-this-bit.nor-this-bit.co.uk> wrote:

>frederick wrote:
>[]
>> Samsung - you forgot Samsung. There are bound to be some people who
>> support Samsung,

>I don't know about the US - but in the UK Samsung is current running an
>advert about their cameras having millions of pixels, but only "thousands"
>of colours. Makes it a brand to avoid in my view - I want far more
>colours than that!

But looking at the images on a Samsung monitor is kick-ass. My
SyncMaster 2253LW eliminates bad bokeh, is sharp enough to allow me to
count an Osprey's eyelashes, and pops this up on the screen whenever
Helen comments on one of Bret's photo links:
http://img1.jurko.net/avatar_2332.gif
--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

Chris Malcolm 06-25-2008 08:38 AM

Re: Nikon

David J Taylor <david-taylor@blueyonder.neither-this-bit.nor-this-bit.co.uk> wrote:
> frederick wrote:
> []
>> Samsung - you forgot Samsung. There are bound to be some people who
>> support Samsung,

> I don't know about the US - but in the UK Samsung is current running an
> advert about their cameras having millions of pixels, but only "thousands"
> of colours. Makes it a brand to avoid in my view - I want far more
> colours than that!

> (Noted that each pixel may only be quantised to 10-14 bits, so perhaps
> they are being /too/ honest!).

Why don't you hear people in music shops asking for an instrument with
more notes?

--
Chris Malcolm cam@infirmatics.ed.ac.uk DoD #205
[http://www.dai.ed.ac.uk/homes/cam/]

ASAAR 06-25-2008 01:21 PM

Re: Nikon

On 25 Jun 2008 08:38:19 GMT, Chris Malcolm wrote:

>> (Noted that each pixel may only be quantised to 10-14 bits, so perhaps
>> they are being /too/ honest!).

> Why don't you hear people in music shops asking for an instrument with
> more notes?

They will, they will. But right now they're too busy looking for
amps having volume controls that go to eleven!

David J Taylor 06-25-2008 07:31 PM

Re: Nikon

Chris Malcolm wrote:
[]
> Why don't you hear people in music shops asking for an instrument with
> more notes?

You can tune and tweak many instruments to get as many notes as you want!
And then there is the string section, and trombones....

David