Velocity Reviews

-   -   Camera with full NATURAL video motion ? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t622106-camera-with-full-natural-video-motion.html)

Tom777 06-25-2008 01:25 AM

Camera with full NATURAL video motion ?

Is there any digital still camera on the market that will capture
natural full motion video? The ones that I have seen look okay with
slow moving objects but shooting anything fast moving they have a
strobe like effect. I do not understand why if they are recording
at 30fps....is it because they are full frames and not 60 interlaced
frames like a regular video camera does? Can anyone post any
recommendations? Thank you for your help ( I do not like carrying
along a video camera).

Matt Ion 06-26-2008 06:12 AM

Re: Camera with full NATURAL video motion ?

Tom777 wrote:
> Is there any digital still camera on the market that will capture
> natural full motion video? The ones that I have seen look okay with
> slow moving objects but shooting anything fast moving they have a
> strobe like effect. I do not understand why if they are recording
> at 30fps....is it because they are full frames and not 60 interlaced
> frames like a regular video camera does? Can anyone post any
> recommendations? Thank you for your help ( I do not like carrying
> along a video camera).

The "strobing" effect is generally caused by faster shutter speed
(whether mechanical or electronic shutter). If you're recording at a
standard 30fps but the shutter is running at, say, 1/125s, or about four
times the video framerate, you'll getting a "jittery" effect. Check
that the camera you're looking at has user-controllable shutter speed in
video mode.