Velocity Reviews

-   -   Timeout Troubles when I execute a sql quey. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t622011-timeout-troubles-when-i-execute-a-sql-quey.html)

Don Juan 06-24-2008 03:11 PM

Timeout Troubles when I execute a sql quey.

Hi all (vb)
I worked with querys and they worked fine, but now I need to retrieve a lot
of data, when I launch the query it stoped with this error:
---
Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the
operation or the server is not responding.
---
I use a DataSet object, here I put my query. This objects takes the
settings from the web.config file, in the web.config file I added this:
---
Connect Timeout=0
---
Even, I tried with several numbers but the response error still.

How can I repair this problem?

Thanks in advanced.

Munna 06-24-2008 04:01 PM

Re: Timeout Troubles when I execute a sql quey.

Hi

Increase the connection timeout property...in connection string.

and do follow this thread

http://bytes.com/forum/thread246020.html

Best of luck

Munna

www.munna.shatkotha.com
www.munna.shatkotha.com/blog
www.shatkotha.com

Nobody 06-24-2008 04:11 PM

Re: Timeout Troubles when I execute a sql quey.

Sounds more like a command timeout then a connect timeout to me.

Munna 06-24-2008 05:02 PM

Re: Timeout Troubles when I execute a sql quey.

Hi,

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...ut(VS.80).aspx

The time in seconds to wait for the command to execute. The default is
30 seconds.

A value of 0 indications no limit, and should be avoided in a
CommandTimeout because an attempt to execute a command will wait
indefinitely.

CommandTimeout has no effect when the command is executed against a
context connection (a SqlConnection opened with "context
connection=true" in the connection string).