Velocity Reviews

-   -   Synchronization between pages? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t621625-synchronization-between-pages.html)

CKKwan 06-22-2008 08:46 AM

Synchronization between pages?

1. A user log in to my page.

2. Right click at one of the link and bring up another IE window.

3. The two IE Windows are under the same session.

4. I can access the same session valirables using Page.Session["abc"].

Question:

Can I synchronize them using

lock (Page.Session)
{
Page.Session["abdc"];
}

If not, how?

TIA

Munna 06-22-2008 09:09 AM

Re: Synchronization between pages?

On Jun 22, 2:46*pm, CKKwan <ckk...@my-deja.com> wrote:
> 1. A user log in to my page.
>
> 2. Right click at one of the link and bring up another IE window.
>
> 3. The two IE Windows are under the same session.
>
> 4. I can access the same session valirables using Page.Session["abc"].
>
> Question:
>
> Can I synchronize them using
>
> lock (Page.Session)
> {
> * * Page.Session["abdc"];
>
> }
>
> If not, how?
>
> TIA

Hi..

"Can I synchronize them?"

session remain in server...

whenever any one change the server keep the last one...

and after change you got use server push/pull method to keep the other
window update...

exactly what is your requirement?

Best of luck

Munna
www.munna.shatkotha.com
www.munna.shatkotha.com/blog
www.shatkotha.com

sturyuu5eye@gmail.com 06-22-2008 12:12 PM

Re: Synchronization between pages?

Munna,

Thanks for the reply.

I just wish to Synchronise the access. As I have mentioned earlier,
there will have multiple pages accessing this Session object and I
wish it to be synchronized. Do not want a supprise where the content
is changed in the middle of no where.

TIA

clintonG 06-22-2008 03:57 PM

Re: Synchronization between pages?

Please repeat after me:

I have a shitty architecture and the roof is going to fall in someday and
kill everybody.

bruce barker 06-23-2008 06:17 AM

Re: Synchronization between pages?

there is no need, asp.net handles this. it only allows 1 request access
to the same session at a time, any other are queued up and processed
after the first one completes.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)