Velocity Reviews

-   -   problem with canon camera (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t621603-problem-with-canon-camera.html)

friesian@zoocrewphoto.com 06-22-2008 04:56 AM

problem with canon camera

My parents have a Canon S1 IS camera. It has recently stopped taking
photos. It acts like it is shooting, but only shoots a black photo.
The screen works fine as I can review older photos. I suspect the
shutter is not opening.

Any idea if I can fix this myself? I suspect Canon's repair service
would cost more than just buying another camera.

Nervous Nick 06-22-2008 11:28 AM

Re: problem with canon camera

On Jun 21, 11:56*pm, "fries...@zoocrewphoto.com"
<fries...@zoocrewphoto.com> wrote:
> My parents have a Canon S1 IS camera. It has recently stopped taking
> photos. It acts like it is shooting, but only shoots a black photo.
> The screen works fine as I can review older photos. I suspect the
> shutter is not opening.
>
> Any idea if I can fix this myself? *I suspect Canon's repair service
> would cost more than just buying another camera.

You should try to slam the camera, with all your might, against a hard
surface like concrete or steel. Again and again and again. Forever.

--
YOP...