Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Local ASPX pages won't diaplay - IE and Firefox ask to open or save file (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t621413-re-local-aspx-pages-wont-diaplay-ie-and-firefox-ask-to-open-or-save-file.html)

Juan T. Llibre 06-20-2008 08:19 PM

Re: Local ASPX pages won't diaplay - IE and Firefox ask to open or save file

re:
!> IIS says that dot.net version 2 is installed even though I installed version 3.5.

The 3.5 version targets the same CLR as the 2.0 version.

re:
!> every time I try to access the ASPX pages locally (using http://localhost/main.aspx
!> in the browser address bar), the browsers don't display the pages. Instead, a popup box
!> asks if I want to open or save, and opening with the browser just shows me the code.

Sounds like ASP.NET isn't registered with IIS.

Open a command window to the .net Framework 2.0 directory
( drive:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727 )

i.e., click the "start" button, then click "run", write "cmd" and hit "Enter".

Then, issue this directory change :

cd\

and then, this one :

cd WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727

Once you're there, write this command :

aspnet_regiis -i

....and hit Enter.

Let us know whether that works...