Velocity Reviews

-   -   How to show holidays in a different color in calendar web server control? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t621100-how-to-show-holidays-in-a-different-color-in-calendar-web-server-control.html)

Simon 06-19-2008 06:29 AM

How to show holidays in a different color in calendar web server control?

By default, days in the calendar control are simply displayed as numbers, I
want to show some days in a different color in this control. What is the
best way to do that?

Thanks very much.

Munna 06-19-2008 09:35 AM

Re: How to show holidays in a different color in calendar web servercontrol?

Hi

Do subscribe the DayRender event of the calender control...
and change your style
here is a simple code snippet

protected void Calendar1_DayRender(object sender, DayRenderEventArgs
e)
{
if (e.Day.IsWeekend)
{
e.Cell.BackColor = Color.Red;
}
}

Best of luck

Munna
www.munna.shatkotha.com
www.munna.shatkotha.com/blog
www.shatkotha.com

Steven Cheng [MSFT] 06-19-2008 10:24 AM

RE: How to show holidays in a different color in calendar web server control?

Hi Simon,

As for Calendar control, I think the best place to perform the
customization is using "DayRender" event. In this event, you can get the
current Cell being rendered. And you can check the DateTime and then do
some customization on the cell. For example:

========================
Protected Sub Calendar1_DayRender(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DayRenderEventArgs) Handles Calendar1.DayRender

If e.Day.Date.Day Mod 5 = 1 Then

e.Cell.BackColor = System.Drawing.Color.Yellow

End If

End Sub
========================

For your case, what you need to do is write a function to check whether it
is holiday based on the DateTime value. Then, chang the background or
foreground color.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

msdnmg@microsoft.com.

ications.

--------------------
>From: "Simon" <SimonZ@nospam.nospam>
>Subject: How to show holidays in a different color in calendar web server

control?

Simon 06-20-2008 03:28 AM

Re: How to show holidays in a different color in calendar web server control?

Thank you, Steven. You are always so helpful. Thanks to Munna too.

Steven Cheng [MSFT] 06-20-2008 06:31 AM

Re: How to show holidays in a different color in calendar web server control?

You're welcome Simon,

Have a nice day!

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

msdnmg@microsoft.com.

ications.
--------------------
>Subject: Re: How to show holidays in a different color in calendar web

server control?
>Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 11:28:41 +0800

>Thank you, Steven. You are always so helpful. Thanks to Munna too.
>

>"Steven Cheng [MSFT]" <stcheng@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Simon,
>>
>> As for Calendar control, I think the best place to perform the
>> customization is using "DayRender" event. In this event, you can get the
>> current Cell being rendered. And you can check the DateTime and then do
>> some customization on the cell. For example:
>>
>> ========================
>> Protected Sub Calendar1_DayRender(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
>> System.Web.UI.WebControls.DayRenderEventArgs) Handles Calendar1.DayRender
>>
>> If e.Day.Date.Day Mod 5 = 1 Then
>>
>> e.Cell.BackColor = System.Drawing.Color.Yellow
>>
>> End If
>>
>> End Sub
>> ========================
>>
>> For your case, what you need to do is write a function to check whether

it
>> is holiday based on the DateTime value. Then, chang the background or
>> foreground color.
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Sincerely,
>>
>> Steven Cheng
>>
>> Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead
>>

>> Delighting our customers is our #1 priority. We welcome your comments and

Please
>> msdnmg@microsoft.com.

>> ications.

issues