Velocity Reviews

-   -   Unauthorized connection sharing (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t620815-unauthorized-connection-sharing.html)

jsimmons88 06-17-2008 06:19 PM

Unauthorized connection sharing

Is there any way to tell if someone is piggy-backing on my wireless
connection other than noticing a slowdown.
Is there an application that would detect it. Thanks.

Sooner Al [MVP] 06-17-2008 06:43 PM

Re: Unauthorized connection sharing

AirSnare is one...

http://home.comcast.net/~jay.deboer/airsnare/

With that said the real key is using strong encryption like WPA2/WPA and a
long random key. Personally I protect my home wireless network with WPA-PSK
(AES) and use a 63-character random ASCII key.

http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.or...sSecurity.html

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows - Desktop User Experience)

mutual benefit of all of us...
rights...
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375