Velocity Reviews

-   -   bookmarks folder (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t620567-bookmarks-folder.html)

lewydefourth 06-17-2008 03:30 AM

bookmarks folder

Last night the bookmarks were all available and operating, this
morning only the last entry added last evening is there.

I searched and found the bookmarks html in C:\Prog
files\Moz\defaults\profile. copying the backup and replacing the
incorrect file made no change.

I eventually also found the incorrect file in Documents and
Settings\Moz\ bla bla \profile\3sfdo5az\bookmarks.html.

Replacing this with the backup solved the problem. I felt that this
seemed a bit convoluted to access the bookmark file and while
searching here I came across:- "OK, I checked and the
"bookmark.html" file and the "bookmarks" folder were both marked "read
only.""

I have no bookmarks folder (unless it is hidden) should I? Where
should it be put. Program Files, Documents and Settings, or?

Thanks

Lewy

lewydefourth 06-17-2008 03:38 AM

Re: bookmarks folder

On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 13:30:11 +1000, lewydefourth wrote:

>Last night the bookmarks were all available and operating, this
>morning only the last entry added last evening is there.
>
>I searched and found the bookmarks html in C:\Prog
>files\Moz\defaults\profile. copying the backup and replacing the
>incorrect file made no change.
>
>I eventually also found the incorrect file in Documents and
>Settings\Moz\ bla bla \profile\3sfdo5az\bookmarks.html.
>
>Replacing this with the backup solved the problem. I felt that this
>seemed a bit convoluted to access the bookmark file and while
>searching here I came across:- "OK, I checked and the
>"bookmark.html" file and the "bookmarks" folder were both marked "read
>only.""
>
>I have no bookmarks folder (unless it is hidden) should I? Where
>should it be put. Program Files, Documents and Settings, or?
>
>Thanks
>
>Lewy

Using Firefox/2.0.0.14 Thanks again!

Lewy