Velocity Reviews

-   -   tutorials to learn C++ (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t620253-tutorials-to-learn-c.html)

pereges 06-14-2008 09:21 PM

tutorials to learn C++

i am a begginer and i am looking for some good tutorials/ebooks on C+
+. How is herbert schildt's book btw ? I glimpsed over his C book and
found that it was full of errors.

Fernando Gómez 06-14-2008 09:35 PM

Re: tutorials to learn C++

On Jun 14, 4:21 pm, pereges <Brol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> i am a begginer and i am looking for some good tutorials/ebooks on C+
> +. How is herbert schildt's book btw ? I glimpsed over his C book and
> found that it was full of errors.

I like Deitel's C++ How to Program. Further readings are Nicolai
Josuttis' The C++ Standard Library and Andrei Alexandrescu's Modern C+
+ Design. And of course, Stroustrup's The C++ Programming Language
(although it is not recommended for newbies, so I've heard).

Besides that, there are plenty of online resources, available through
Google (i.e. www.cplusplus.com).

Regards.

EventHelix.com 06-14-2008 09:41 PM

Re: tutorials to learn C++

On Jun 14, 5:21*pm, pereges <Brol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> i am a begginer and i am looking for some good tutorials/ebooks on C+
> +. *How is herbert schildt's book btw ? I glimpsed over his C book and
> found that it was full of errors.

You will find articles about C++ and object oriented design at:

http://www.eventhelix.com/RealtimeMa...ject_Oriented/

--
EventStudio 4.0 - http://www.Eventhelix.com/Eventstudio/
Sequence diagram based systems engineering tool

andrew.smith.cpp@gmail.com 06-15-2008 05:15 AM

Re: tutorials to learn C++

pereges wrote:
> i am a begginer and i am looking for some good tutorials/ebooks on C+
> +. How is herbert schildt's book btw ? I glimpsed over his C book and
> found that it was full of errors.

i dont want to say anything about it HS
u should Get C++_Primer bye Moo.

Saeed Amrollahi 06-15-2008 09:14 AM

Re: tutorials to learn C++

On Jun 15, 12:21*am, pereges <Brol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> i am a begginer and i am looking for some good tutorials/ebooks on C+
> +. *How is herbert schildt's book btw ? I glimpsed over his C book and
> found that it was full of errors.

Hi

I think Accelerated C++ by Koenig and Moo is good for a beginner. The
authors teach Standard C++ in a good way. The C++ Programming Language
(Special edition) by Stroustrup is the main reference for C++. C++
Primer by Lippman et al. is good too. At last I suggest
the C++ FAQ Lite by Cline et al. Sometimes it is very helpful when you
encounter problem. you can access the book via the following
link:
http://parashift.com/c++-faq-lite

Good luck
Saeed Amrollahi

osmium 06-15-2008 02:34 PM

Re: tutorials to learn C++

"Saeed Amrollahi" wriote:

I think Accelerated C++ by Koenig and Moo is good for a beginner. The
authors teach Standard C++ in a good way. The C++ Programming Language
(Special edition) by Stroustrup is the main reference for C++. C++
Primer by Lippman et al. is good too. At last I suggest
the C++ FAQ Lite by Cline et al. Sometimes it is very helpful when you
encounter problem. you can access the book via the following
link:
http://parashift.com/c++-faq-lite

Many readers will follow that link and think they have found the text of the
book, they have not. I recommend buying the *hard copy* of the book. That
may have been what you meant. The following extract is from the preface to
faq-lite
---- quote ---

At last count, the C++ FAQ Book is 500% larger than the C++ FAQ Lite.
Bottom line: the book and this Lite document are not the same. The book is
both broader and deeper - it covers subjects that aren't covered in this
Lite document, and it covers subjects in more detail than this Lite
document.