Velocity Reviews

-   -   Java - WebDAV - MS Office question (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t620024-java-webdav-ms-office-question.html)

polsa 06-13-2008 11:40 AM

Java - WebDAV - MS Office question

Hi all,

I am currently working on a project using JBoss Seam. As part of this
project the customer wants an Integration into MS Office (just like in
Sharepoint). This basically means that they can open and save office
documents sitting on the server.

My idea was/is to use a WebDAV server to store the documents. Does
anybody have any expierence in this and could give me some helpful
hints or point me to information on how to integrate with MS Office
using WebDAV and Java?

TIA,

Filip

Jarod 06-22-2008 01:20 PM

Re: Java - WebDAV - MS Office question

polsa wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am currently working on a project using JBoss Seam. As part of this
> project the customer wants an Integration into MS Office (just like in
> Sharepoint). This basically means that they can open and save office
> documents sitting on the server.
>
> My idea was/is to use a WebDAV server to store the documents. Does
> anybody have any expierence in this and could give me some helpful
> hints or point me to information on how to integrate with MS Office
> using WebDAV and Java?

You can check Jakarta Slide project. Unfortunatelly, it is not active
project any more.

Jarod

polsa 06-26-2008 08:38 AM

Re: Java - WebDAV - MS Office question

Hi,

I was looking at Jackrabbit (seams to be the successor of slide). My
question was actually more targetting towards the directory layout and
things like this to make office work with WebDAV seamlessly.

Greetings,

Filip