Velocity Reviews

-   -   What is type_info object? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t619659-what-is-type_info-object.html)

sumsin 06-11-2008 01:33 PM

What is type_info object?

James Kanze 06-12-2008 08:54 AM

Re: What is type_info object?

On Jun 11, 3:33 pm, sumsin <sumsin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What is type_info object?

What a typeid expression returns. As a minimum, it supports
comparison for equality (== and !=), and the functions before()
and name(); I'm pretty sure that an implementation is allowed to
add other things as well (not that I know of one that does).

Note that since it is not copiable nor assignable, you can't put
them in containers.