Velocity Reviews

-   -   mounting application on server(ODBC) (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t619552-mounting-application-on-server-odbc.html)

acn242 06-10-2008 08:07 PM

mounting application on server(ODBC)

I have this simple login app. that i have developed on my local
machine that has successfully connected to the server Database and
authenticates users by a web_log_in table.

However I cannot put this application on the server for company wide
use.

This is the error: ERROR [IM00P] Specified driver could not be
loaded due to system error 5(Adaptive Server Anywhere 9.0)

I have a simple ODBC connection and I have changed nothing from the
original:

***************webconfig***********************
<connectionStrings>
<add name="ConnectionString"
connectionString="Dsn=DATABASE;uid=user;pwd=passwo rd"
providerName="System.Data.Odbc"/>
</connectionStrings>
Dim webstr As String =
ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("Connection String").ConnectionString
Using con As New System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection(webstr)

con.Open()
Dim cmd As New System.Data.Odbc.OdbcCommand()
cmd.Connection = con
cmd.CommandType = Data.CommandType.Text
cmd.CommandText = "select count(*) from log_in_table
where username ='" & user & "' and password='" & pswrd & "'"
usercount = cmd.ExecuteScalar
con.Close()
End Using

Any Suggestions?