Velocity Reviews

-   -   Nikon Capture NX2 - Where can I buy it? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t619082-nikon-capture-nx2-where-can-i-buy-it.html)

John Smith 06-08-2008 07:47 AM

Nikon Capture NX2 - Where can I buy it?

Does anyone know where one can buy Nikon Capture NX2? It was just released.

Thanks,
John

N 06-08-2008 09:03 AM

Re: Nikon Capture NX2 - Where can I buy it?

"John Smith" <JohnSmith@aol.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know where one can buy Nikon Capture NX2? It was just
> released.
>
> Thanks,
> John

Please supply a link to a statement that the product has been released.

N 06-08-2008 11:31 AM

"frederick" <lost@sea.com> wrote in message
>N wrote:
>> "John Smith" <JohnSmith@aol.com> wrote in message
>>> Does anyone know where one can buy Nikon Capture NX2? It was just
>>> released.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> John
>>>

>> Please supply a link to a statement that the product has been released.

> http://nikon.com/about/news/2008/0603_01.htm
>
> D/l from here:
> http://imaging.nikon.com/products/im...enx2/index.htm

That's the 60 day trial.

<hint>The product release date is 20th June</hint>

N 06-08-2008 01:05 PM

"JT's Ghost" <justatroll@mad.scientist.com> wrote in message
> In article
> <484bc32d$0$12967$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au>,
> "N" <N@onyx.com> wrote:
>
>> "frederick" <lost@sea.com> wrote in message

>> > http://nikon.com/about/news/2008/0603_01.htm
>> >
>> > D/l from here:
>> > http://imaging.nikon.com/products/im...urenx2/index.h
>> > tm

>> That's the 60 day trial.
>>
>> <hint>The product release date is 20th June</hint>
>>

> http://www.nikonusa.com/Find-Your-Ni...tware/25385/Ca
> pture-NX-2.html
>
> Little button "Where to buy," doesn't mention a release date... My area
> list two stores that either have the product now, or will have it when
> available, as always YMMV.
>

> - JT
> realizes that the newsgroup readership is global a not just a USA thing
>
> --
> See Header for Improving Usenet's Signal-To-Noise Ratio
>
> "The pendulum of the mind oscillates between sense and nonsense,
> not between right and wrong." - Carl Jung

http://www.europe-nikon.com/press_ro...0&type_index=2

There's a release date mentioned in the last section of that page. The AUS
site has the press release dated 3rd July 2008 and no mention of
availability and pricing.

Klark Kent 06-08-2008 03:39 PM

Re: Nikon Capture NX2 - Where can I buy it?

In message news:B8M2k.73$3I2.24@newsfe17.phx, "John Smith"
<JohnSmith@aol.com> burned some brain cells writing:

> Does anyone know where one can buy Nikon Capture NX2?

<sarcasm>
So GENEROUS of Nikon to give copies of NX1 to those D3/D300 buyers!
</sarcasm>

John Smith 06-08-2008 04:10 PM

Re: Nikon Capture NX2 - Where can I buy it?

Don't you have anything more productive to do in this world than write
smart-ass sarcastic posts? I asked a simple question.

me@mine.net 06-08-2008 04:55 PM

Re: Nikon Capture NX2 - Where can I buy it?

On 08 Jun 2008 15:39:50 GMT, in rec.photo.digital Klark Kent
<stewart@copeland.com`> wrote:

>In message news:B8M2k.73$3I2.24@newsfe17.phx, "John Smith"
><JohnSmith@aol.com> burned some brain cells writing:
>
>> Does anyone know where one can buy Nikon Capture NX2?

><sarcasm>
>So GENEROUS of Nikon to give copies of NX1 to those D3/D300 buyers!
></sarcasm>

Though I got a copy this way and rarely use it as it's way too slow to
support my workflow, I will note that as an owner of 1.x I supposedly can
purchase an upgrade for some undisclosed reduced price.

I also note the following site: http://www.capturenx.com/ as well.

Klark Kent 06-08-2008 05:25 PM

Re: Nikon Capture NX2 - Where can I buy it?

In message news:VwT2k.749$TB3.438@newsfe08.phx, "John Smith"
<JohnSmith@aol.com> burned some brain cells writing:

> Don't you have anything more productive to do in this world than write
> smart-ass sarcastic posts?

Yes, I can plonk assholes like you.

Buh.

Bye.