Velocity Reviews

-   -   ff3b5 crashes (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t619014-ff3b5-crashes.html)

wayne 06-07-2008 03:08 PM

ff3b5 crashes

I installed firefox 3 beta 5 on a RHEL 5 system. It was working fine until
one day I inadvertently triggered page zoom using an unrepeatable sequence
of mouse wheel, arrow keys, and holding my mouth just right. It is now
stuck at around 50% zoom for this one site, which is actually quite nice.
The problem is that when I use the scroll wheel faster than the page
updates, firefox crashes. Very annoying. Is there a way I can reset it
to zoom 1:1 again? Crashes suck when I have multiple instance up and doing
several things at once.

Thanks,

-- Wayne.

Rom 06-09-2008 11:52 AM

Re: ff3b5 crashes

On Sat, 07 Jun 2008 15:08:03 GMT, wayne wrote:

> I installed firefox 3 beta 5 on a RHEL 5 system. It was working fine until
> one day I inadvertently triggered page zoom using an unrepeatable sequence
> of mouse wheel, arrow keys, and holding my mouth just right. It is now
> stuck at around 50% zoom for this one site, which is actually quite nice.
> The problem is that when I use the scroll wheel faster than the page
> updates, firefox crashes. Very annoying. Is there a way I can reset it
> to zoom 1:1 again?

View > Zoom > Reset on the page/site?

There's page/text/image/zoom extensions for control or to manage it.

I use NoSquint (in Fx2/3):
<https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2592/>
<http://urandom.ca/nosquint/>
(After loading the above page in Fx3 RC2 with NoSquint set at 130%
Full Zoom and Fx window about 5cm less than full width on a WS
display, when opening the bookmarks in the sidebar everything from the
image down doesn't display with the sidebar open until I close the
sidebar, adjust the width of the sidebar, or maximise/adjust window.)

Another I know of:
<http://www.tom-cat.com/mozilla/firefox/extensions-zoomer.html>

Or search for zoom at addons.mozilla.org for more.

--
Rom

wayne 06-11-2008 01:48 PM

Re: ff3b5 crashes

On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 21:52:16 +1000, Rom wrote:
> On Sat, 07 Jun 2008 15:08:03 GMT, wayne wrote:
>
>> I installed firefox 3 beta 5 on a RHEL 5 system. It was working fine
>> until one day I inadvertently triggered page zoom using an unrepeatable
>> sequence of mouse wheel, arrow keys, and holding my mouth just right.
>> It is now stuck at around 50% zoom for this one site, which is actually
>> quite nice. The problem is that when I use the scroll wheel faster than
>> the page updates, firefox crashes. Very annoying. Is there a way I
>> can reset it to zoom 1:1 again?

> View > Zoom > Reset on the page/site?
>
> There's page/text/image/zoom extensions for control or to manage it.
>
> I use NoSquint (in Fx2/3):
> <https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2592/> <http://urandom.ca/nosquint/>
> (After loading the above page in Fx3 RC2 with NoSquint set at 130% Full
> Zoom and Fx window about 5cm less than full width on a WS display, when
> opening the bookmarks in the sidebar everything from the image down
> doesn't display with the sidebar open until I close the sidebar, adjust
> the width of the sidebar, or maximise/adjust window.)
>
> Another I know of:
> <http://www.tom-cat.com/mozilla/firefox/extensions-zoomer.html>
>
> Or search for zoom at addons.mozilla.org for more.

Thank you. I should have been able to find that on my own. I feel
so stoopid. I installed NoSquint as you suggested. Very nice extension.
It has a very noticeable performance impact though. But Firefox no longer
crashes, so I am well once again. Thanks again.

-- Wayne.