Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wireless Networking (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f19-wireless-networking.html)
-   -   Can't connec to networkt using Dell 1390 Wireless mini-card (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t618944-cant-connec-to-networkt-using-dell-1390-wireless-mini-card.html)

DonP 06-07-2008 12:05 AM

Can't connec to networkt using Dell 1390 Wireless mini-card
 
Dell Insipiron w/dell 1390 Wireless mini-card. Works fine when hook it up
with 45 hard wire connecter to my Netgear mr814v2 router. But, no luck
using it wireless. In the Windows Mobility Center it shows "Wireless off".
The "turn wireless on" button is greyed out, I can't turn it on. When I use
the wizard it shows radio off. No wireless network found.. Windows Vista
Home Edition.



Have same problem on different router at my daughters house, they have a
working wireless connection with different dell laptop (Windows XP).





Don


DonP 06-07-2008 05:24 PM

Re: Can't connec to networkt using Dell 1390 Wireless mini-card
 
I found how to turn the radio function on, but, still unable to setup a
wireless connection. Vista still tells me "no wireless connection found".


"DonP" <dpullem@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:%23kQepIDyIHA.4892@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Dell Insipiron w/dell 1390 Wireless mini-card. Works fine when hook it up
> with 45 hard wire connecter to my Netgear mr814v2 router. But, no luck
> using it wireless. In the Windows Mobility Center it shows "Wireless
> off". The "turn wireless on" button is greyed out, I can't turn it on.
> When I use the wizard it shows radio off. No wireless network found..
> Windows Vista Home Edition.
>
>
>
> Have same problem on different router at my daughters house, they have a
> working wireless connection with different dell laptop (Windows XP).
>
>
>
>
>
> Don
>
>



Jack \(MVP-Networking\). 06-07-2008 09:23 PM

Re: Can't connec to networkt using Dell 1390 Wireless mini-card
 
Hi
The following page was written for Win XP. The location of the menus is
different in Vista but you can use the principle.
Now that your Wireless card is On, make sure that the drivers are installed
correctly and that there is a valid entry in Vista's Device Manger.
http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"DonP" <dpullem@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:OjKaLNMyIHA.2208@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>I found how to turn the radio function on, but, still unable to setup a
>wireless connection. Vista still tells me "no wireless connection found".
>
>
> "DonP" <dpullem@nospam.com> wrote in message
> news:%23kQepIDyIHA.4892@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> Dell Insipiron w/dell 1390 Wireless mini-card. Works fine when hook it
>> up with 45 hard wire connecter to my Netgear mr814v2 router. But, no
>> luck using it wireless. In the Windows Mobility Center it shows
>> "Wireless off". The "turn wireless on" button is greyed out, I can't turn
>> it on. When I use the wizard it shows radio off. No wireless network
>> found.. Windows Vista Home Edition.
>>
>>
>>
>> Have same problem on different router at my daughters house, they have a
>> working wireless connection with different dell laptop (Windows XP).
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Don
>>
>>

>



DonP 06-08-2008 05:31 AM

Resolved
 
Jack,

Thanks for the link. I had change couple settings. I'm up and running.
Appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Don


"Jack (MVP-Networking)." <jack@discussiongroup.com> wrote in message
news:eIzbMTOyIHA.1772@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Hi
> The following page was written for Win XP. The location of the menus is
> different in Vista but you can use the principle.
> Now that your Wireless card is On, make sure that the drivers are
> installed correctly and that there is a valid entry in Vista's Device
> Manger.
> http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "DonP" <dpullem@nospam.com> wrote in message
> news:OjKaLNMyIHA.2208@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>I found how to turn the radio function on, but, still unable to setup a
>>wireless connection. Vista still tells me "no wireless connection found".
>>
>>
>> "DonP" <dpullem@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> news:%23kQepIDyIHA.4892@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>> Dell Insipiron w/dell 1390 Wireless mini-card. Works fine when hook it
>>> up with 45 hard wire connecter to my Netgear mr814v2 router. But, no
>>> luck using it wireless. In the Windows Mobility Center it shows
>>> "Wireless off". The "turn wireless on" button is greyed out, I can't
>>> turn it on. When I use the wizard it shows radio off. No wireless
>>> network found.. Windows Vista Home Edition.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Have same problem on different router at my daughters house, they have a
>>> working wireless connection with different dell laptop (Windows XP).
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Don
>>>
>>>

>>

>
>




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.