Velocity Reviews

-   -   my pics of Paris (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t618750-my-pics-of-paris.html)

Jean-Yves 06-05-2008 08:56 PM

my pics of Paris

http://revoir-paris.blogspot.com/

Tzortzakakis Dimitrios 06-06-2008 03:25 PM

Re: my pics of Paris

? "Jean-Yves" <j.led@free.fr> ?????? ??? ??????
> http://revoir-paris.blogspot.com/

Very nice photos, a chance to practice my french, too! (I reserve in the
future to answer to you in French). I especially liked the photos of Notre
Dame.

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
major in electrical engineering

Morton 06-07-2008 12:23 AM

Re: my pics of Paris

Jean-Yves wrote:
> http://revoir-paris.blogspot.com/

Hello Jean-Yves,

Your Paris pix are very nice indeed. They bring back many happy memories
to me and my wife. While I was a student in Utrecht, my wife and I were
married there, and then had a 3-day honeymoon in Paris. It was
marvelous, for many reasons. We paid $25 each for the trip, (about 100
French Francs),including 3rd class train fare, a cold water room at the
University of Paris dormitory, and 2 meals a day at the U. of Paris
cafeteria. I remember buying a kilo of cherries, a baguette, and some
cheeses, and taking the Metro all over Paris. We went back to Paris many
times since then, but the nice hotels and restaurants did not bring back
our youth.

Keep up the good work.

Morton Linder
Mount Kisco, NY, USA

P.S. I found it amusing that a number of French people, perhaps not
Parisians, asked me for Metro directions. I learned to say "change ici"
while pointing to the Metro map. It was fun.