Velocity Reviews

-   Microsoft Certification (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f24-microsoft-certification.html)
-   -   Where are E-Learning Offline courses downloaded? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t618590-where-are-e-learning-offline-courses-downloaded.html)

Carolina 06-04-2008 11:11 PM

Where are E-Learning Offline courses downloaded?

I downloaded Clinic 6262 from Microsoft E-Learning site.
I can access this course offline using Microsoft E-Learning Offline
Player, but I would like to know where are these files downloaded
because I want to copy and take them home.

In E-Learning FAQ site says these files are downloaded in the same
path where the aplication was installed, but this is not true, I
couldn't find them there.

Does anybody know where are these files downloaded?
I would appreciate any help.
Thank you!

Lawrence Garvin 06-05-2008 01:09 AM

Re: Where are E-Learning Offline courses downloaded?

"Carolina" <ccalvarez@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I downloaded Clinic 6262 from Microsoft E-Learning site.
> I can access this course offline using Microsoft E-Learning Offline
> Player, but I would like to know where are these files downloaded
> because I want to copy and take them home.

You cannot "copy and take them home".

You need to log onto Microsoft eLearning from your home computer, download
the Offline Player to that computer, and then re-download the course content
to that computer.

Your progress on both systems will be synchronized and updated through the
microsoftelearning.com site.

> In E-Learning FAQ site says these files are downloaded in the same
> path where the aplication was installed, but this is not true, I
> couldn't find them there.

In fact, they're now stored in a slightly different location.

On Windows XP, you'll find these files in ~\Local Settings\Application
Data\Element K\Offline Course Player\content

On Windows Vista, you'll find them in ~\AppData\Local\Element K\Offline
Course Player\content

http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

Carolina 06-05-2008 01:34 PM

Re: Where are E-Learning Offline courses downloaded?

Lawrence, thanks a lot!

Carolina 06-05-2008 01:36 PM

Re: Where are E-Learning Offline courses downloaded?

Lawrence thanks a lot!

Satheesh 06-13-2008 07:20 AM

RE: Where are E-Learning Offline courses downloaded?

Thanks a lot man..

Sim 07-17-2008 09:59 AM

RE: Where are E-Learning Offline courses downloaded?

Can I ask why I can't view my downloaded contents in my player? Before I
reformated my PC, I was still using the Offline Player to view my courses.
Now, everytime I choose a course, only a blank screen appears.

Thanks,

Lawrence Garvin 07-19-2008 12:17 AM

"Sim" <Sim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can I ask why I can't view my downloaded contents in my player? Before I
> reformated my PC, I was still using the Offline Player to view my courses.
> Now, everytime I choose a course, only a blank screen appears.

Uhh..... "...before I reformatted my PC..."

What do you suppose happened to all that offline content when you
"reformatted your PC"?

You'll need to download it again.

http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

Sim 07-19-2008 02:37 AM

Re: Where are E-Learning Offline courses downloaded?

Hi,

Yes, I did install the player of course. Then I had the plug-ins downloaded
and installed again. I was able to download the courses but every time I
decide to view them using the Offline Player, it wouldn't display the content
(the one that pops up for with the round button selection).

I'm not sure what happened there because when I check the folder where the
content are stored, I can view them in I.E. Plus, I have all the complete
requirements.

What I did anyway is to uninstall the player and reinstall it again and
redownload all my courses in the player. It is working now.

Thanks!

Sim 07-19-2008 02:41 AM

Re: Where are E-Learning Offline courses downloaded?

And yes, I downloaded all the courses again right after my reformat. I
downloaded them again when I had to uninstall and re-install the player after
having an issue in displaying the content.

Thanks a lot.

Sim 07-20-2008 01:32 AM

Re: Where are E-Learning Offline courses downloaded?

Noted, lesson learned. Thanks.