Velocity Reviews

-   -   ASP.Net Web Site not showng in New Web Site window of Visual Studi (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t617332-asp-net-web-site-not-showng-in-new-web-site-window-of-visual-studi.html)

Peter K 05-28-2008 07:27 PM

ASP.Net Web Site not showng in New Web Site window of Visual Studi

In Visual Studio 2008, I suddenly no longer have the option of selecting
ASP.Net web site project in the New Web Site window, only ASP.NET web
application project is available.

How can I restore that option???

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Munna 05-29-2008 09:35 AM

Re: ASP.Net Web Site not showng in New Web Site window of VisualStudi

On May 29, 1:27 am, Peter K <Pet...@discusions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> In Visual Studio 2008, I suddenly no longer have the option of selecting
> ASP.Net web site project in the New Web Site window, only ASP.NET web
> application project is available.
>
> How can I restore that option???
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi

Not sure what happen ? try reset the environment ...
go to vs2008 tool menu and select import and export settings....
a wizard will popup follow the steps to reset your environment

best of luck

Munna

Peter K 05-29-2008 02:41 PM

Re: ASP.Net Web Site not showng in New Web Site window of Visual S

Hi Munna, I should have said so, but, I've tried that in many variations,
restoring default, restoring previously saved profiles, no change. I just
ran the repair version of the install, no change. Is there somewhere a
setting determining which templates are offered?

The window which always comes up & does not offer ASP.NET web site, only ...
web site application is attached to my web site at
http://pgkroeger.net/NewSitesPage.htm

I found a 'work around', but it's awkward: Open Visual Web Developer 2008
Express, create the new site, clsose out & open the site files in Visual
Studio.

Peter