Velocity Reviews

-   -   Run Javascript function upon Page Load from Page Load event handle (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t617147-run-javascript-function-upon-page-load-from-page-load-event-handle.html)

Matcon 05-27-2008 10:29 PM

Run Javascript function upon Page Load from Page Load event handle

Hello,

I have a asp.net 2.0 (vb.net) page, which uses a master page, and there is a
javascript function (myfunction) defined in the <head> of that master page.
Is there a way to run the function from the page load event of the page?

I am able to run the function when there is a change in, say, a text box, by
adding the following to the page load event:
TextBox.Attributes.Add("onChange", "javascript:myfunction()")

However, the following gives me an error that "Attributes is not a member of
pagename":
Me.Attributes.Add("onLoad", "javascript:myFunction()")

I'm trying to get myfunction to run when the page loads by adding the
correct code to Me.Load.

Thank you for your help.

Stan 05-28-2008 03:17 AM

Re: Run Javascript function upon Page Load from Page Load eventhandle

On 27 May, 23:29, Matcon <Mat...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a asp.net 2.0 (vb.net) page, which uses a master page, and there is a
> javascript function (myfunction) defined in the <head> of that master page.. *
> Is there a way to run the function from the page load event of the page?
>
> I am able to run the function when there is a change in, say, a text box, by
> adding the following to the page load event:
> TextBox.Attributes.Add("onChange", "javascript:myfunction()")
>
> However, the following gives me an error that "Attributes is not a member of
> pagename":
> Me.Attributes.Add("onLoad", "javascript:myFunction()")
>
> I'm trying to get myfunction to run when the page loads by adding the
> correct code to Me.Load.
>
> Thank you for your help.

Are you confusing the server-side PageLoad event with the client-side
OnLoad event?

The PageLoad event is handled by the server. Any JavaScript contained
in the page file is passed transparently back to the client. Niether
IIS or the ASP.NET worker process understand JavaScript and cannot
meaningfully execute it during the rendering of the page.

Am I making any sense?

Matcon 05-28-2008 03:29 PM

Re: Run Javascript function upon Page Load from Page Load event ha

Thanks for that information - I think I'm close. I followed step 1 and 2,
but I'm getting an error that reads:

"'Attributes' is not a member of 'System.Web.UI.Control'."

Thoughts on what I should try?

Matcon 05-28-2008 05:15 PM

Re: Run Javascript function upon Page Load from Page Load event ha

That worked! Thanks very much for your help.