Velocity Reviews

-   -   how to reply to posts on google groups (and not reply to just author) (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t617085-how-to-reply-to-posts-on-google-groups-and-not-reply-to-just-author.html)

davidj411 05-27-2008 03:44 PM

how to reply to posts on google groups (and not reply to just author)

I want to reply to the goups and not author for an older post (from
February) , but it seems i can only reply to the author (using google
groups).

Is there a way (within Google groups) to reply to an older post to
keep that particular thread going instead of posting a new one (as i
am here now doing - sorry about this being a non-python question.)

Mike Driscoll 05-27-2008 04:13 PM

Re: how to reply to posts on google groups (and not reply to justauthor)

On May 27, 10:44*am, davidj411 <davidj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to reply to the goups and not author for *an older post (from
> February) , but it seems i can only reply to the author (using google
> groups).
>
> *Is there a way (within Google groups) to reply to an older post to
> keep that particular thread going instead of posting a new one (as i
> am here now doing - sorry about this being a non-python question.)

You might be able to use the CC functionality and put the c.l.py email
in there to accomplish it. But I really don't know if that will work.
Worth a try though. You can find the email address on the Python
website.

Mike