Velocity Reviews

-   -   Laptop won't connect to network (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t616649-laptop-wont-connect-to-network.html)

elctrcn9 05-24-2008 01:18 PM

Laptop won't connect to network

Hi all, I just set up my first network. Bought a DLink router and desktop
card and they seem to be working fine. Also bought a Gateway laptop with
built in wireless. When I search for available networks mine shows up on the
list. But when I try to connect it never does. Says it can't for unknown
reason. Also says network is unsecure. The desktop is running XP and the
laptop has Vista. Any help I can get with these problems would be great. Like
I said I'm new to the wireless thing.

Thanks, Steve

Jack \(MVP-Networking\). 05-24-2008 09:45 PM

Re: Laptop won't connect to network

Hi
May be this can Help, these pages describe the general principle
Wireless Security - http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.htm
These two pages have specific instructions for Vista.
http://www.loughborough.ac.uk/comput...ta-guided.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).