Velocity Reviews

-   -   If you want to try something with less spam... (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t615092-if-you-want-to-try-something-with-less-spam.html)

Dudley Hanks 05-16-2008 02:26 AM

If you want to try something with less spam...

Goto http://mail.dudley-hanks.com

Choose the guest login link.

Use the following information to log in and check out the discussion groups.

e-mailbox name: photos.digital
guest name: Guest
Password: DSLR

Once you log in, you will have access to the discussion forums (nothing
there yet), notes, photos, calendar.

As noted, there isn't anything there, but you can e-mail ideas to
photos.digital@dudley-hanks.com, and I'll get the forum up and running as
soon as possible.

Check around, you might be able to start a discussion yourself once you've
logged in. It's a new system and I am not totally familiar with all of its
features yet.

If you want more access, e-mail me at webmaster@dudley-hanks.com, and we'll
talk.

Using this system, there should be no spam, but I'm not sure if it will meet
everyone's needs, or if it will prove to be too awkward. But, I thought
it's worth a shot.

Take Care,
Dudley

Blinky the Shark 05-16-2008 03:09 AM

Re: If you want to try something with less spam...

With a good feed and some local filtering, there is *no* spam here.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Burt Johnson 05-16-2008 04:13 AM

Blinky the Shark <no.spam@box.invalid> wrote:

> With a good feed and some local filtering, there is *no* spam here.

Agreed. I see almost no spam.

Of course there won't be any spam on the OP's site either, since "there
is nothing there." Kind of an odd way to defeat spam though...

--
- Burt Johnson
MindStorm, Inc.

Dudley Hanks 05-16-2008 04:18 AM

Burt Johnson 05-16-2008 05:12 AM

Dudley Hanks <hanks.dudley@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Agreed. I see almost no spam.
> >
> > Of course there won't be any spam on the OP's site either, since "there
> > is nothing there." Kind of an odd way to defeat spam though...
> >

> -- Be the first to post?

And why in the world would I want to do that? I go where the
information is, not a pointless wasteland.

Dudley Hanks 05-16-2008 05:17 AM

> Dudley Hanks <hanks.dudley@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> > Agreed. I see almost no spam.
>> >
>> > Of course there won't be any spam on the OP's site either, since "there
>> > is nothing there." Kind of an odd way to defeat spam though...
>> >

>> -- Be the first to post?

> And why in the world would I want to do that? I go where the
> information is, not a pointless wasteland.
> "A journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step..."

Thanks for stopping by...

Blinky the Shark 05-16-2008 05:28 AM

Burt Johnson wrote:

> Blinky the Shark <no.spam@box.invalid> wrote:
>
>> With a good feed and some local filtering, there is *no* spam here.

> Agreed. I see almost no spam.
>
> Of course there won't be any spam on the OP's site either, since "there
> is nothing there." Kind of an odd way to defeat spam though...

Effective, though. :)

Blinky the Shark 05-16-2008 05:30 AM

Dudley Hanks wrote:

> "Burt Johnson" <burt@mindstorm-inc.com> wrote in message
>> Blinky the Shark <no.spam@box.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>> With a good feed and some local filtering, there is *no* spam here.

>> Agreed. I see almost no spam.
>>
>> Of course there won't be any spam on the OP's site either, since "there
>> is nothing there." Kind of an odd way to defeat spam though...
>>
>> -- Be the first to post?

Why further reduce the signal in the Usenet photo groups you're courting?

David J Taylor 05-16-2008 07:15 AM

Re: If you want to try something with less spam...

Dudley Hanks wrote:
[]
> Using this system, there should be no spam, but I'm not sure if it
> will meet everyone's needs, or if it will prove to be too awkward. But,
> I thought it's worth a shot.
>
> Take Care,
> Dudley

Dudley,

If I wanted Web forums, there are already plenty to choose from. I am
after a news service, not yet another Web forum with yet another fancy,
slow, contorted interface to learn.

I feel it's better to contribute here to increase, rather than decrease,
the signal!

Cheers,
David

Pete D 05-16-2008 07:34 AM

Re: If you want to try something with less spam...

The much easier way is to just get onto the DP Review forums, groups for all
the vendors, etc.