Velocity Reviews

-   -   OT: Cannot find "normal" ASP newsgroup (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t614799-ot-cannot-find-normal-asp-newsgroup.html)

B. Nelsen 05-14-2008 02:51 PM

OT: Cannot find "normal" ASP newsgroup

Hello,
could anybody please point me to the correction newsgroup?
I cannot find an "ASP without .NET" newsgroup.
Not that I don't like .NET, but I need to do something very quickly
without any knowledge of .NET.

I have an ASP provider and an Access Database.
I need to build a small webpage where the user can enter his "user id"
and a "hardware code", and if the "user id" is correct (will be checked
against the db which means the user id must exist) a function will
generate a product activation code from his/ her "hardware code" and
show it on the next page.

I ended up telling the whole story...

If anybody can point me to the right newsgroup I'd be very happy.

Thank you.

Mark Fitzpatrick 05-14-2008 03:06 PM

Re: OT: Cannot find "normal" ASP newsgroup

The ASP groups are at
microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general
microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.db
and microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.components

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick
Microsoft MVP - Expression

B. Nelsen 05-14-2008 03:32 PM

Re: OT: Cannot find "normal" ASP newsgroup

Thanks!