Velocity Reviews

-   -   google earth update stuffs thinggs up (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t613987-google-earth-update-stuffs-thinggs-up.html)

blanking 04-28-2008 07:52 AM

google earth update stuffs thinggs up

What the hell, I download an updated google earth and now the bit that shows
you the progress of data download as you zoom in on a location has
disappeared, man I hate it when updates stuff things up, I find the data
download status essential to have, a bloody headache without it so can I
turn this back on somehow, can't see any obvious way to do it, it probably
goes without saying that help fixing this would be much appreciated.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro 04-28-2008 12:09 PM

Re: google earth update stuffs thinggs up

In article <n74b14l61cmgtu79o0vstfb002dtdkmjuq@4ax.com>, Brian Mathews did
write:

> ... I could see the streets in the UK were I live ...

So you're not live, then? I've wondered what kind of recording you were...

JohnO 04-28-2008 07:45 PM

Re: google earth update stuffs thinggs up

On Apr 28, 8:58 pm, Brian Mathews
<b...@yummy.conn> wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 19:52:05 +1200, "blanking" <blanking@brain> wrote:
> >What the hell, I download an updated google earth and now the bit that shows
> >you the progress of data download as you zoom in on a location has
> >disappeared, man I hate it when updates stuff things up, I find the data
> >download status essential to have, a bloody headache without it so can I
> >turn this back on somehow, can't see any obvious way to do it, it probably
> >goes without saying that help fixing this would be much appreciated.

> This thing has turned into Crap, I could see the streets in the UK were I live, but now do to
> security complaints I can't, very limited ceiling.
>
> Be for that it was great.

Roger, stop lying. Wee all know you live on the Kapiti Coast, not the
UK.

Dave Doe 04-29-2008 04:09 AM

Re: google earth update stuffs thinggs up

In article <48158228$1@news01.wxnz.net>, blanking@brain says...
> What the hell, I download an updated google earth and now the bit that shows
> you the progress of data download as you zoom in on a location has
> disappeared, man I hate it when updates stuff things up, I find the data
> download status essential to have, a bloody headache without it so can I
> turn this back on somehow, can't see any obvious way to do it, it probably
> goes without saying that help fixing this would be much appreciated.

It is still there - you've probably found it already yourself.

Check... very bottom/right corner - a wee thing goes around and goes
blue when complete.

--
Duncan

blanking 04-29-2008 06:01 AM

"Dave Doe" <hard@work.ok> wrote in message
news:MPG.228166b78fd24aef98992a@news.paradise.net. nz...
> In article <48158228$1@news01.wxnz.net>, blanking@brain says...
>> What the hell, I download an updated google earth and now the bit that
>> shows
>> you the progress of data download as you zoom in on a location has
>> disappeared, man I hate it when updates stuff things up, I find the data
>> download status essential to have, a bloody headache without it so can I
>> turn this back on somehow, can't see any obvious way to do it, it
>> probably
>> goes without saying that help fixing this would be much appreciated.

> It is still there - you've probably found it already yourself.
>
> Check... very bottom/right corner - a wee thing goes around and goes
> blue when complete.
>
> --
> Duncan

No, I don't think I would have spotted that thing anytime soon so thanks
heaps, I am very glad at least one person here knew the answer to this
question. I still much prefer the old method where you got a percentage, it
seems sometimes things are changed just for the sake of it rather than for
any improvement, just somebody giving a reason for them to have a job I
suppose.

Dave Doe 04-29-2008 09:37 PM

Re: google earth update stuffs thinggs up

In article <4816b9b7$1@news01.wxnz.net>, blanking@brain says...

> "Dave Doe" <hard@work.ok> wrote in message
> news:MPG.228166b78fd24aef98992a@news.paradise.net. nz...
> > In article <48158228$1@news01.wxnz.net>, blanking@brain says...
> >> What the hell, I download an updated google earth and now the bit that
> >> shows
> >> you the progress of data download as you zoom in on a location has
> >> disappeared, man I hate it when updates stuff things up, I find the data
> >> download status essential to have, a bloody headache without it so can I
> >> turn this back on somehow, can't see any obvious way to do it, it
> >> probably
> >> goes without saying that help fixing this would be much appreciated.

> > It is still there - you've probably found it already yourself.
> >
> > Check... very bottom/right corner - a wee thing goes around and goes
> > blue when complete.
> >
> > --
> > Duncan

> No, I don't think I would have spotted that thing anytime soon so thanks
> heaps, I am very glad at least one person here knew the answer to this
> question. I still much prefer the old method where you got a percentage, it
> seems sometimes things are changed just for the sake of it rather than for
> any improvement, just somebody giving a reason for them to have a job I
> suppose.

Perhaps Google managed to head-hunt someone from Microsoft - that did
the job :)

--
Duncan