Velocity Reviews

-   -   How to gather information about the system hardware? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t613472-how-to-gather-information-about-the-system-hardware.html)

Florencio Cano 05-08-2008 07:14 AM

How to gather information about the system hardware?

Hi,
I'm looking for a method of gathering information about the system
hardware and software installed using Python. I would like to do it in
UNIX and in Windows. I think that it would be good in Windows to look
in the registry and be able to parse and search it. Any pointer to
information would be appreciated.
Thanks.

s0suk3@gmail.com 05-08-2008 08:38 AM

Re: How to gather information about the system hardware?

On May 8, 2:14 am, "Florencio Cano" <florencio.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm looking for a method of gathering information about the system
> hardware and software installed using Python. I would like to do it in
> UNIX and in Windows. I think that it would be good in Windows to look
> in the registry and be able to parse and search it. Any pointer to
> information would be appreciated.
> Thanks.

The 'platform' module gives a lot of information about the hardware
and OS. To access the Windows Registry, you can use the '_winreg'
module.