Velocity Reviews

-   -   generate an N-node random binary search tree (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t610933-generate-an-n-node-random-binary-search-tree.html)

yogi_bear_79 05-03-2008 05:37 PM

generate an N-node random binary search tree

I am enrolled in distance learning class, this amounts to self taught.
I have a book and that is about it. below is my assingment. The book
doesn't prove useful for examples, and I haven't had much look on the
web. I am not asking someone to do it for me, but a nudge in the
correct direction, a website anything!

Write a function to generate an N-node random binary search tree with
distinct keys L through N. What is the running time of the routine?

alasham.said@gmail.com 05-05-2008 12:35 PM

Re: generate an N-node random binary search tree

On May 3, 7:37 pm, yogi_bear_79 <yogi_bear...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am enrolled in distance learning class, this amounts to self taught.
> I have a book and that is about it. below is my assingment. The book
> doesn't prove useful for examples, and I haven't had much look on the
> web. I am not asking someone to do it for me, but a nudge in the
> correct direction, a website anything!
>
> Write a function to generate an N-node random binary search tree with
> distinct keys L through N. What is the running time of the routine?

Hello,

Google is your friend. (I even found a complete implementation,
although that would deprive you of trying yourself).

http://www.google.com/search?q=rando...ry+search+tree

Regards.