Velocity Reviews

-   -   gmake error: No rule to make target lib_file.a (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t610901-gmake-error-no-rule-to-make-target-lib_file-a.html)

D3|\\||\\|!$ 05-03-2008 06:07 AM

gmake error: No rule to make target lib_file.a

Hi all!!!
I have been trying to port a piece of C++ code from windows to Linux
environment. I'm using redhat9 which has KDE3 and QT3.1.x on it.

I used KDevelop 2.1 bundled with it. I created a new C++ project with
KDevelop.
The code needs to import headers and .a files containing the
definitions of functions contained therein. I supplied the path of the
folder containing the headers as "-Ipath_of_header_folder" as a
compiler flag and supplied the path of library files' folder as "-
Lpath_of_lib_folder" as a linker flag. Then I mentioned the names of
the libraries that need to be linked with the code in the linker
options->additional libraries. I have used -Wall compiler flag.

The code is compiling properly but when I hit make, the compiler is
throwing up the following error:
gmake[3]: *** No rule to make target `lib_file.a,', needed by
`project_name'. Stop.

Seems something is wrong with the make options but I haven't changed
any of the defaults..

Please Help!!!

red floyd 05-03-2008 06:50 AM

Re: gmake error: No rule to make target lib_file.a

D3|\||\|!$ wrote:
> Hi all!!!
> I have been trying to port a piece of C++ code from windows to Linux
> environment. I'm using redhat9 which has KDE3 and QT3.1.x on it.
>
> [redacted]
>
> The code is compiling properly but when I hit make, the compiler is
> throwing up the following error:
> gmake[3]: *** No rule to make target `lib_file.a,', needed by
> `project_name'. Stop.
>
> Seems something is wrong with the make options but I haven't changed
> any of the defaults..

Regardless of the fact that your app is written in C++, this is OT here.
You have a problem with gmake, not with the C++ language.

Please ask elsewhere, see FAQ 5.9 for a list of suggested newsgroups.