Velocity Reviews

-   -   Global instances inside class (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t609840-global-instances-inside-class.html)

Krice 04-05-2008 08:53 AM

Global instances inside class

My Window class is using Tileset class to draw the window borders.
Tileset is a global instance set up earlier:

extern Tileset *window_borders;

void Window::Show()
{
//some code...
window_borders->Draw(x,y,tile);
//etc...

This is bad, isn't it? At least it makes Window class dependent of
that
global Tileset instance. The only alternative solution I can think of
is
passing a pointer to Tileset in Window constructor, but it seems funny
do that, because there is only one instance of Tileset for window
borders.
Is this problem at all or is there some other way to do this?