Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Upgrading this old XP desktop (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t609736-re-upgrading-this-old-xp-desktop.html)

Earle Horton 05-10-2008 05:58 AM

Re: Upgrading this old XP desktop

Video card, motherboard, hard drive. Save the old HDs for backup devices.
If you want to be fancy put them in external USB drive enclosures.
Otherwise just leave one plugged in as a slave drive. If you have a
motherboard based video, you don't know what you're missing. EIDE should be
fine for the HDs.

I have a number of VIA based Socket 370 mobos that are supposed to take 1 Gb
memory. I am running them with 768 Mb because when I give them the full Gb,
XP reboots. Anyone know why this is so? P6VEM, P6STMT, CM33-TC/TL, they
all do it.

Earle

news:Xns9A991AC113C1ASntzldfrdSntzldfrdco@216.196. 97.142...