Velocity Reviews

-   -   driver required for Optorite DVD RW0405 150E (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t609001-driver-required-for-optorite-dvd-rw0405-150e.html)

anthonyberet 05-05-2008 03:07 PM

driver required for Optorite DVD RW0405 150E

This is a silly one, the manufacturer's website www.optorite.com now
just contains links to various driver databases around the web. All of
these seem fine but then point back to www.optorite.com for the actual
download!

Does anyone know of a decent driver resource that actually caches the
drivers?

I particularly want to roll back to the 150E version of this driver.

Thanks.

anthonyberet 05-05-2008 06:03 PM

Re: driver required for Optorite DVD RW0405 150E

Mike Easter wrote:
> anthonyberet wrote:
>> This is a silly one, the manufacturer's website www.optorite.com

> That isn't the mfr's website. That is a site selling ads and
> domainnames. The mfr doesn't have a website named that.

It used to be their website. Either they have let the domain lapse, and
somebody else is passing as them, or Optorite want it to look that way.
I guess the former is the more likely explanation.

>> Does anyone know of a decent driver resource that actually caches the
>> drivers?

> I can find some sites that claim to, but actually downloading the
> drivers seems to be problematic.
>
>> I particularly want to roll back to the 150E version of this driver.

> http://www.opendrivers.com/driver/22...vd+w-firmware-
> 150e-windows-free-download.html Optorite DD0405 DVD+W Firmware 150E
> Window
>
> File Name:
> DD0405 150E.zip

Thanks - regretably the actual download location of that file is:
http://www.optorite.com/public/downl.../firmware_0_29