Velocity Reviews

-   -   NO SOUND? 'WINDOWS XP PRO. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t608695-no-sound-windows-xp-pro.html)

steven.cummins1@gmail.com 05-03-2008 03:58 AM

NO SOUND? 'WINDOWS XP PRO.

HI
I HAVE A DESK TOP COMPUTER, THE SOUND WENT OUT WITH NO
WARNING.
IT HAS A ON BORED SOUND CARD AND I PUT A PLUG IN
SOUND CARD
FOUR MONTHS AGO. THEN I PUT ANOTHER NEW PLUG IN SOUND CARD
AND STILL NO SOUND?
I THEN WENT TO THE CONTROL PANEL AND THEN TO SOUND
BUT NOTHING
THERE TO TELL ME THAT THE SOUND WAS OFF?
I TRIED ANOTHER SEAT OF SPEAKERS, 'NOTHING'. THE
MOTHER BORED
IS TWO YEARS OLD, ITS A BIOSTAR WITH A PEN,- 4.

STEVEN

Sqwertz 05-03-2008 04:23 PM

Re: NO SOUND? 'WINDOWS XP PRO.

<steven.cummins1@gmail.com> wrote:

> HI
> I HAVE A DESK TOP COMPUTER, THE SOUND WENT OUT WITH NO
> WARNING.
> IT HAS A ON BORED SOUND CARD AND I PUT A PLUG IN
> SOUND CARD
> FOUR MONTHS AGO. THEN I PUT ANOTHER NEW PLUG IN SOUND CARD
> AND STILL NO SOUND?
> I THEN WENT TO THE CONTROL PANEL AND THEN TO SOUND
> BUT NOTHING
> THERE TO TELL ME THAT THE SOUND WAS OFF?
> I TRIED ANOTHER SEAT OF SPEAKERS, 'NOTHING'. THE
> MOTHER BORED
> IS TWO YEARS OLD, ITS A BIOSTAR WITH A PEN,- 4.

My sound card stopped working when I installed Service Pack #3 for
XP last week. The fix was to remove the drivers and let it
auto-detect and install them again.

-sw

Plato 05-06-2008 05:45 AM

Re: NO SOUND? 'WINDOWS XP PRO.

steven.cummins1@gmail.com wrote:

> I HAVE A DESK TOP COMPUTER, THE SOUND WENT OUT WITH NO
> WARNING.
> IT HAS A ON BORED SOUND CARD AND I PUT A PLUG IN
> SOUND CARD
> FOUR MONTHS AGO. THEN I PUT ANOTHER NEW PLUG IN SOUND CARD
> AND STILL NO SOUND?
> I THEN WENT TO THE CONTROL PANEL AND THEN TO SOUND
> BUT NOTHING
> THERE TO TELL ME THAT THE SOUND WAS OFF?
> I TRIED ANOTHER SEAT OF SPEAKERS, 'NOTHING'. THE

Check that the drivers are working. Just plugging in a sound card does
not mean that you will have sound. Also check cablees

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/