Velocity Reviews

-   -   Problem reinstalling Wordpad and calculator - keeps uninstalling OE &WMP (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t608490-problem-reinstalling-wordpad-and-calculator-keeps-uninstalling-oe-and-wmp.html)

HiC 05-01-2008 05:55 PM

Problem reinstalling Wordpad and calculator - keeps uninstalling OE &WMP

I accidentally uninstalled Wordpad. When trying to reinstall it via
Add/Remove files > Add/Remove Windows Components, I uncheck everything
but accesories and then work my way down to Wordpad and Calculator.
Check it go back to the root, hit go but find that it uninstalls
Outlook Express and Windows Media Player.

Reinstall those and Wordpad goes away. I seem to be caught in this
endless loop.

All input will be appreciated.

HiC 05-01-2008 05:56 PM

Re: Problem reinstalling Wordpad and calculator - keeps uninstallingOE & WMP

On May 1, 1:55*pm, HiC <brasspl...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Reinstall those and Wordpad goes away. I seem to be caught in this
> endless loop.

Wordpad and Calculator both go away, even though they're unchecked
when reinstalling OE & WMP.

dadiOH 05-01-2008 06:26 PM

HiC wrote:
> I accidentally uninstalled Wordpad. When trying to reinstall it via
> Add/Remove files > Add/Remove Windows Components, I uncheck everything
> but accesories and then work my way down to Wordpad and Calculator.
> Check it go back to the root, hit go but find that it uninstalls
> Outlook Express and Windows Media Player.
>
> Reinstall those and Wordpad goes away. I seem to be caught in this
> endless loop.
>
> All input will be appreciated.

Uhhh, guy...anything you uncheck will be removed, anything checked will be
installed (if not lready installed).

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Edna Boxe 05-01-2008 06:30 PM

"HiC" <brassplyer@yahoo.com> wrote in message
On May 1, 1:55 pm, HiC <brasspl...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Reinstall those and Wordpad goes away. I seem to be caught in this
> endless loop.

Wordpad and Calculator both go away, even though they're unchecked
when reinstalling OE & WMP.

When you uncheck an item it uninstalls it so do not untick anything you wish
to keep, just add a tick to WordPad & Calculator. :)

HTH,
Edna.

HiC 05-01-2008 07:36 PM

On May 1, 2:26*pm, "dadiOH" <dad...@invalid.com> wrote:

> Uhhh, guy...anything you uncheck will be removed, anything checked will be
> installed (if not lready installed).

If that were true, I'd be losing Internet Explorer, which I'm not.

It says "To add or remove a component, click the checkbox. A shaded
box means that only part of the component will be installed..."

I also find that IE and WMP are check by default when I open Add/
Remove Windows components. If I leave them checked they're removed. If
I uncheck them, they're removed.

I'll see if I can uninstall WMP, IE and then see if they'll reinstall
at the same time as calculator and wordpad.

chuckcar 05-01-2008 10:23 PM

> On May 1, 2:26*pm, "dadiOH" <dad...@invalid.com> wrote:
>

>> Uhhh, guy...anything you uncheck will be removed, anything checked
>> will be

>> installed (if not lready installed).

> If that were true, I'd be losing Internet Explorer, which I'm not.

Not if you don't have the version of IE that your OS came with - which
you almost certainly don't: 98SE - IE 5.0 95 - IE 4.0 XP - IE 6.0

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

chuckcar 05-01-2008 10:23 PM

> I accidentally uninstalled Wordpad. When trying to reinstall it via
> Add/Remove files > Add/Remove Windows Components, I uncheck everything
> but accesories and then work my way down to Wordpad and Calculator.
> Check it go back to the root, hit go but find that it uninstalls
> Outlook Express and Windows Media Player.
>
> Reinstall those and Wordpad goes away. I seem to be caught in this
> endless loop.
>
> All input will be appreciated.

So don't uncheck everything. Only uncheck Wordpad and calculator.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Aardvark 05-02-2008 12:39 AM

On Fri, 02 May 2008 00:23:22 +0200, chuckcar wrote:

>> I accidentally uninstalled Wordpad.

And how many chances did Windows give you to change your mind before the
'accident' occurred?

--
Liverpool. European City Of Culture 2008
http://www.liverpool08.com

Aardvark 05-02-2008 12:39 AM

Re: Problem reinstalling Wordpad and calculator - keepsuninstalling OE & WMP

On Fri, 02 May 2008 00:23:22 +0200, chuckcar wrote:

> HiC <brassplyer@yahoo.com> wrote in
>
>> I accidentally uninstalled Wordpad. When trying to reinstall it via
>> Add/Remove files > Add/Remove Windows Components, I uncheck everything
>> but accesories and then work my way down to Wordpad and Calculator.
>> Check it go back to the root, hit go but find that it uninstalls
>> Outlook Express and Windows Media Player.
>>
>> Reinstall those and Wordpad goes away. I seem to be caught in this
>> endless loop.
>>
>> All input will be appreciated.

> So don't uncheck everything. Only uncheck Wordpad and calculator.

Sorry chuckcar. Had to piggyback on your post.