Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   UK VOIP (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f34-uk-voip.html)
-   -   voip.co.uk Not Working Thursday morning? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t608426-voip-co-uk-not-working-thursday-morning.html)

Al Paca 05-01-2008 08:21 AM

voip.co.uk Not Working Thursday morning?
 
On both my lines.

Dials OK but UK numbers unobtainable. People calling me get
unobtainable.

Anyone else?


Roger Mills 05-01-2008 10:15 AM

Re: voip.co.uk Not Working Thursday morning?
 
In an earlier contribution to this discussion,
Al Paca <Al-Paca@lostsomewhereinperu.com> wrote:

> On both my lines.
>
> Dials OK but UK numbers unobtainable. People calling me get
> unobtainable.
>
> Anyone else?


Well, I've just dialled my BT line from my voip.co.uk line, and vice versa,
and both ring out ok.
--
Cheers,
Roger
______
Email address maintained for newsgroup use only, and not regularly
monitored.. Messages sent to it may not be read for several weeks.
PLEASE REPLY TO NEWSGROUP!



David Floyd 05-01-2008 10:22 AM

Re: voip.co.uk Not Working Thursday morning?
 
In message of Thu, 1 May 2008, Al Paca writes
>On both my lines.
>
>Dials OK but UK numbers unobtainable. People calling me get
>unobtainable.
>
>Anyone else?
>


Yes.

Your scenario fits for earlier this morning , but it was back on OK
later. Don't know the timings except that it wasn't working when I went
out at 9:00am but was OK at 10:30

DF

Al Paca 05-01-2008 11:04 AM

Re: voip.co.uk Not Working Thursday morning?
 
On Thu, 1 May 2008 11:22:03 +0100, David Floyd <david@floyd.org.uk>
wrote:

>Your scenario fits for earlier this morning , but it was back on OK
>later. Don't know the timings except that it wasn't working when I went
>out at 9:00am but was OK at 10:30


It is working now. Only remaining problem is that voicemail via 121
gives an unobtainable tone after entering mailbox number followed by
hash.


mymail@hotmail.co.uk 05-01-2008 02:48 PM

Re: voip.co.uk Not Working Thursday morning?
 
On Thu, 1 May 2008 11:22:03 +0100, David Floyd <david@floyd.org.uk>
wrote:

>In message of Thu, 1 May 2008, Al Paca writes
>>On both my lines.
>>
>>Dials OK but UK numbers unobtainable. People calling me get
>>unobtainable.
>>
>>Anyone else?
>>

>
>Yes.
>
>Your scenario fits for earlier this morning , but it was back on OK
>later. Don't know the timings except that it wasn't working when I went
>out at 9:00am but was OK at 10:30
>
>DF

They just do not give a monkeys about their voip customers anymore
they must be making more money out of some other service that they are
running . Had they cared the new Tariffs etc that have now been
promised for over a year would be here available and up and running .
Has no one can now join the voip service I would like to know how they
can ever hope to stay in business .

Phil 05-02-2008 03:12 AM

Re: voip.co.uk Not Working Thursday morning?
 
<mymail@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
> They just do not give a monkeys about their voip customers anymore
> they must be making more money out of some other service that they are
> running . Had they cared the new Tariffs etc that have now been
> promised for over a year would be here available and up and running .
> Has no one can now join the voip service I would like to know how they
> can ever hope to stay in business .
>
>

Seems like they are concentrating on their business customers. One of the
management posted on their forums that they make more money from one of
their business customers than they do out of the all of their residential
customers.

It's a shame that they haven't released their residential tariffs, but I'm
still using them as they have been very reliable for me.



Al Paca 05-02-2008 06:27 AM

Re: voip.co.uk Not Working Thursday morning?
 
On Thu, 01 May 2008 14:48:40 GMT, mymail@hotmail.co.uk wrote:

>They just do not give a monkeys about their voip customers anymore
>they must be making more money out of some other service that they are
>running . Had they cared the new Tariffs etc that have now been
>promised for over a year would be here available and up and running .
>Has no one can now join the voip service I would like to know how they
>can ever hope to stay in business .


Very predictable Ron. Usual lack of flair.

Back in your box now.


David Floyd 05-02-2008 08:19 AM

Re: voip.co.uk Not Working Thursday morning?
 
In message of Thu, 1 May 2008, Al Paca writes
>On Thu, 1 May 2008 11:22:03 +0100, David Floyd <david@floyd.org.uk>
>wrote:
>
>>Your scenario fits for earlier this morning , but it was back on OK
>>later. Don't know the timings except that it wasn't working when I went
>>out at 9:00am but was OK at 10:30

>
>It is working now. Only remaining problem is that voicemail via 121
>gives an unobtainable tone after entering mailbox number followed by
>hash.
>


I raised a ticket about this yesterday. It is now back working.

David

Gordon Henderson 05-02-2008 10:09 AM

Re: voip.co.uk Not Working Thursday morning?
 
In article <fve0sn$b6p$1@energise.enta.net>, Phil <philusenet@gmail.com> wrote:
><mymail@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
>> They just do not give a monkeys about their voip customers anymore
>> they must be making more money out of some other service that they are
>> running . Had they cared the new Tariffs etc that have now been
>> promised for over a year would be here available and up and running .
>> Has no one can now join the voip service I would like to know how they
>> can ever hope to stay in business .
>>
>>

>Seems like they are concentrating on their business customers. One of the
>management posted on their forums that they make more money from one of
>their business customers than they do out of the all of their residential
>customers.
>
>It's a shame that they haven't released their residential tariffs, but I'm
>still using them as they have been very reliable for me.


As yet another VoIP/ITSP type of enterprise, I find that it's one of
those business conundrums... I provide VoIP, PBXs, etc. to businesses,
and I have a "hosted" system, but it's aimed at the small business rather
than the residential market - however I do have a small number of people
(Basically friends & family) using it in a residential manner.

But could I support 100's or 1000's of residential customers? And do I
want to when "Betamax" exists offering free calls? (Which I certainly
won't do!) If this is the case with voip.co.uk, then I can sort of
see their point, but there are still many ITSPs who'll offer these
features... Sipgate (not everyones favourite, I know, however they do
address the residential market), Gradwell - more for the SME, but liked
by the "clued-up" market who want a quality service, most of the hardware
suppliers provide a service - voiptalk.co.uk, voipfone.co.uk, (Telappliant
resellers), voipon.co.uk and so on, so we're not exactly short on choice.

And I have to say, the biggest issue I've faced with people working from
home, etc. is that they're tight fisted b'stards who'll go for the
cheapest and most rubbish ISP they can get their grubby paws on, and
then whinge when their VoIP doesn't work...

<grumpy-old-man> Bah! </grumpy-old-man>

So what would you want out of a residential VoIP service?

Gordon

Al Paca 05-02-2008 10:20 AM

Re: voip.co.uk Not Working Thursday morning?
 
On Fri, 2 May 2008 09:19:32 +0100, David Floyd <david@floyd.org.uk>
wrote:

>I raised a ticket about this yesterday. It is now back working.


Thanks David. So did I and received a further response this morning
confirming all is now well - which it is.



All times are GMT. The time now is 12:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.