Velocity Reviews

-   -   C876 route-map smtp traffic to one ISP, can you check my config for faults? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t608153-c876-route-map-smtp-traffic-to-one-isp-can-you-check-my-config-for-faults.html)

Steven V.A 04-29-2008 12:55 PM

C876 route-map smtp traffic to one ISP, can you check my config for faults?

Hi Group,

I' am setting up a Cisco 876 ISDN ADSL router.

The company has two broadband connections: one ISDN over ADSL
(currenty by the 876) and one, on an Ethenet cable modem.

I have read that I can use Cisco's 876 ISDN BRI port as wan port for
the cable modem. So effectiffly load balancing between the two ISP's

I did some homework and made a config to balance between the thow
ISP's.

Can you check my config for errors? Before I load this in the 876.
I used the template from:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk64...808d2b72.shtml

However there is one thing I coulden't find nicely explaind: I want
ALL smtp traffic routed trough ISP 2. How can I do that?
I tried route maps, but I have no idea if I'm doeing thing right.
Can you help me with that?

Many thanks in advance.
picure of the 876:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/i/100001-...000/122243.jpg

Config starts:

resource policy
!
clock timezone BXL 1
ip subnet-zero
ip cef
!
! OpenDNS server om dns queries nog te versnellen.
!
ip name-server 208.67.222.222
ip name-server 208.67.220.220
!!

! Het Dual Wan gedeelte begint hieronder.
!
!
track timer interface 5
!
! Configure timers on route tracking
!
track 123 rtr 1 reachability
delay down 15 up 10
!
track 345 rtr 2 reachability
delay down 15 up 10

!
! Use “ip dhcp client route track [number]”
! to monitor route on DHCP interfaces
! Define ISP-facing interfaces with “ip nat outside”
!
! Deze interface hieronder hangt aan de telenet kabelmodem
! This is the iface to the cable modem

interface BRI0
ip address dhcp
ip dhcp client route track 345
ip nat outside
ip virtual-reassembly
mac-address 0050.BFB7.772C
!
!
interface FastEthernet0
!
interface FastEthernet1
!
interface FastEthernet2
!
interface FastEthernet3
!
!
! Define LAN-facing interfaces with “ip nat inside”
! This is the Lan iface
!
interface Vlan1
description LAN Interface
ip address 192.168.0.254 255.255.255.0
ip nat inside
ip virtual-reassembly
ip tcp adjust-mss 1452

!
! Define ISP-facing interfaces with “ip nat outside”
! this is the ADSL line to Skynet
!
interface ATM0
description *** DSL line ***
ip address ****snip******** 255.255.255.192
ip nat outside
ip virtual-reassembly
no atm ilmi-keepalive
pvc 0/35
protocol ip *snip******* broadcast
encapsulation aal5snap
dsl operating-mode auto
!

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 ATM0 track 123
!
! Configure NAT overload (PAT) to use route-maps
!
ip nat inside source route-map fixed-nat
interface ATM0 overload
ip nat inside source route-map dhcp-nat
interface BRI0 overload
!
! Configure an OER tracking entry
! om de eerste verbinding van de ADSL i-line te monitoren, ATM0
! We doen dit door af en toe de DNS van Skynet te pingen.
!
ip sla 1
icmp-echo 195.238.2.21 source-interface ATM0
timeout 1000
threshold 40
frequency 3
!
! Configure a second OER tracking entry
! Monitoren van de Telenet verbinding. BRI0
! Hierbij pingen we de DNS van Telenet
!
ip sla 2
icmp-echo 195.130.130.11 source-interface BRI0
timeout 1000
threshold 40
frequency 3
!
! Set the SLA schedule and duration
!
ip sla schedule 1 life forever start-time now
ip sla schedule 2 life forever start-time now
!
! Define ACLs for traffic that
! will be NATed to the ISP connections
!

!!! is is this right ? for smtp traffic
!access-list 100 permit ip 192.168.0.0 0.0.0.255 any eq smtp

!
! Route-maps associate NAT ACLs with NAT
! outside on the ISP-facing interfaces
!
route-map fixed-nat permit 10
match ip address 110